ES Downtime Scheduled, Thur Aug 6th 12:00 PST

Justin, while you guys are working on the site, can someone setup the HTTPS certificate?
about 70% of the google links to this site point to the https version, and since its not signed properly, everyone gets a warning screen instead of their favorite EV site.

If you dont know how to do this, or need funds to buy a cert, we can work it out.

Alan B said:
Not changing software, etc. That is a big undertaking that would make many unhappy.

I think there are some pretty useful updates that have come with more recent forum software. Auto-saving a post you are writing and different thread styles are two fairly large ones that come to mind that I think would please others.

I think we already run more or less the latest version of phpBB. Switching to other forum software is a huge PITA (first hand experience here).

neptronix said:
regmeister said:
AWS is kinda slow and expensive. Super scalable, though I don't know how important that is for ES.
That said, I do use AWS, and it would be nice to read how you set it up.

Depends totally on which instance type you go with. Compared to other hosts, you generally get less cpu, but more memory and disk space per buck.

Yes, I was going with the cheapest Windows instances, so kinda slow at least for my websockets app. I haven't tried the higher I/O ones. Transfers to/from S3 and the instance seemed plenty fast, but Remote Desktop was often disappointingly slow.

Back