ES is looking for an assistant PHP programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, i haven't really talked about zerolith on this thread, so i'll give you a basic idea.

Zerolith attempts, at every possible angle, to make programming faster, easier, and more powerful... while helping the programmer help find bugs and identify fat parts of the code the entire way.

It includes an onscreen debug bar and profiler, both which were heavily designed for readability and relevance. The debugger is optimized to the hilt so that having it by your side doesn't bring any downsides.

Here's the template library in action. It works kind of like a win32 GUI api and way less like traditional templating systems in PHP.
Notice the lack of instantiation? i'm using static classes, and static variables are serving as the 'memory' of the ZLT class.

zerolith.png

The code on the left is what's used to generate what's on the right.
The code can define all parameters of the look and feel of what's being created, even though the syntax is very short.

db syntax.png

Here's another example. This is a simple mailing list unsubscribe script. In the database read, we allow a little unsafe SQL only because we've sanitized the string before starting, but in the db::writeRow() function, we're taking an associative array and writing it with an automatically generated parameterized query, which is SQL injection safe. Of course, you can also do parameterized reads too, but the syntax is much longer and might resemble a painful to work with database library you remember, lol.

The best thing about the framework is that it doesn't care how you do things. It doesn't impose a structure or way to use it. It attempts to act as a global function library, so we can toss the need for instantiation, dependency injection, and other fun things that make writing object oriented code kind of a nightmare.

What do you think of the idea of working with it?

neptronix said:
I'm open to taking on someone at the novice level. If you want to do some learning or contributing to ES. ( Me and Mr Kahuna are both working on making a really cool dev shop setup, and I hear Mr Kahuna likes to teach )

I'm glad you work with codeigniter, because the Zerolith framework you'll be working with is designed in the spirit of what codeigniter was supposed to do, but it is a lot more efficient to type and understand. I actually did consider using codeigniter myself, i like minimalist and really like FAST.

Normally i would never say 'we have to use framework X', but for ES, there's a really good application for Zerolith.

Zerolith is specifically designed to integrate into another system with an existing framework.. for example, it can sit inside wordpress, xenforo, and probably other large systems. I designed it as a way to speedrun through commercial software development, but we will use it on ES so that we don't have to learn Xenforo's internals too much and can piggy-back on it and write code that lasts longer without adjustment that way ( as long as none of our code hooks move/change, lol ). :thumb:

I'd be happy to teach you it and see if it's something you'd like working within. I have lots of example code; a very large system is being refactored to use zerolith as we speak, and the custom image processor here was written in zerolith too.

What kind of stuff have you worked on in the past?

Also... where are you looking to go with programming? make a career out of it, or just something you do right now?

Sure i would defenitly be insterested in learning Zerolith. Im always looking to learn new things in programming.

As where i am looking to go, I have been programming as a hobby/side-gig next to my professional IT-career. I Specialized in IT-service desk environment optimalisation and migrations for large companys. I spent 10 years being an expat in different european countries.

As of 2013, i ended up on disability because of a neurological illness and my Expat life ended as it was too demanding. Sinds a few years i have gotten more an more into programming to keep my mind sharp.

I wrote some basic things like a website for a car dealer with a backend control panel , a tennis-court reservation system , and a internal communication module for a company where they can assign tasks to groups or individuals, send messages to groups or individuals, add manauls via a WYSIWYG editor etc. All have been written on the codeigniter framework and have a mysql backend.

apart from PHP i have written some Android Apps in flutter/dart. nothing too fancy. An App to keep track of receipts and warranty periods, and currently i am working on a callendar with build-in webdav support so i can sink my appointments directly to the calendar i run on a synology NAS.

If you want, i could send you the links to the demo environments of the stuff i written in php.

regards,

sander

I'm glad the idea interests you. I'll be writing documentation for the framework by the end of the month, as the framework is about to hit 1.0 and is already used in a couple projects, both large and small.

One of the things i want to build is productivity software. We may have similar interests. :)

Yeah i'd like to see some of your stuff. Send me a PM :thumb:

neptronix said:
I'm glad the idea interests you. I'll be writing documentation for the framework by the end of the month, as the framework is about to hit 1.0 and is already used in a couple projects, both large and small.

One of the things i want to build is productivity software. We may have similar interests. :)

Yeah i'd like to see some of your stuff. Send me a PM :thumb:

sent you a PM :D

Position filled - looks like we have two :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back