Everything about the TSDZ2 OSF flashing issues

Hi!

I started to flashing my Tongsheng controller, but I get a connecting issue. I searched here in the forum and the Google too, and it seems it is a common problem.
So I will go step by step untill the problem is solved.

Basically I followed Luke Lorussos
video , but I think if the problem is at the ST Link device, the other way when flash through the KT-LCD3, like jbalatutube did
here, will fail too.

First I downloaded and installed the softwares, and there was no error message, it looks fine.

Then I soldered the ST Link wires to the cut off 6 pin speed sensor extension cable. The wire is short enough, about 2 inches.

Then I plug in, the Windows device manager can see the ST Link. However, if I try to check in the ST Visual Programmer, press on the "Read" button, and get this message:

STVP ablak 2024-02-03 205953.jpg

At first the battery was On, than later I tried with OFF position.

Then I tried with an other ST Link device with the same result.

Get an other wire directly press the pins in the speed sensor connector, with the same results too.

I find on ST forum that maybe it can works with use the 3.3V pin instead of the 5V, but the results is the same again.

Now I think a problem is not with the connections.

Is it possible that both of the two ST Link devices are faulty?

*note: the controller is an old version, I bought with the motor in october 2021 and it is actually disassemblied from the motor.

That's interesting, I did finally program my drive using Luke Lorussos method and did have a bit fun getting the same message, my link device uses the 5v pin, but out of interest I got one of my spare controllers out of the cupboard just plugged the link device cable into it and downloaded the firmware straight onto the computer. My self I still would like the original instructions where you modify the hex code using the STVP software, this is I have used it before for programing a AKM mid drive. Elsewhere it suggests one only needs three wire connected.

Back