• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

EVG Ebike before and after pics, 36volts

rbelisle1

10 W
Well here she is, before and after pics. Most of what you see is homemade or re-used.
stockbike.JPG
BEFORE

stockbikewithdog.JPG
BEFORE, with my guard dog (LOL, she will lick you to death)
36voltfullyloaded1.jpg

The handlebar bag holds a third 12v12ah SLA (9 lbs), the 12volt charger (2 pounds), my bike chain (6 pounds) and the monster Masterlock pad lock that I have had for 30 years. Total weight in the bag is 19 pounds.

The rear trunk bad is a thrift store camera bag that I got for 2 bucks and the panniers are really a dog backpack that I also found in a thrift store for 6 bucks. I added aluminum plates on the back of each bag and some bungee cord too.

This was originally a parts bike that I got in a two EVG Ebike deal for 200 bucks. This motor had a little bit of white corrosion in it. A little clean up and re-lube and its works great. The original controller was shot and was replaced by a generic razor e300 controller and lighted twist grip for about 20 bucks. OK, I know, I am a cheap SOB, but I sure enjoy a bargain!!!!

36 volts by the way, really wakes the Ebike up. Top speed (fully charged batts, 190 pounds of me and all the stuff on) is 22mph, up from 16mph at 24volts.

And the dog,, well she is a two year old rescue. She is believed to be an Irish Wolfhound. She stands 29 inches at the shoulder. A perfect dog, no bad habits at all. Great with Kids and other dogs too!!!!!! She starts hospital dog training this month. She is one of the few dogs that most people don’t have to bend over to pet!!!!

Bob in phx

Awesome! The dog I mean.

Awesome. The bike I mean. 24v sla bike overvolted to 36 FTMFW!!1 Are you in Lost Angels' socal? I thought I saw a deal like this in the local classifieds..

Cool... 8) Makes me think of "Mad Max", nice ride :mrgreen: Blessings, Snow Crow

Back