• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Expert advice needed to modify controller to throttle only

I bought 6 of these mini controllers cheap, without being told that they are Euro spec PAS only...I presume they have been modified for the European regulations...So how do I make it a throttle only controller???..
It has no throttle plug ...Only PAS.
It has been suggested it is a KU63 type,but it looks like a variant of others I've seen on this forum...
I am not a electrical technician or engineer...but I can wield a soldering iron!
Can anyone Help?

Attachments

• close up of cheapo euro spec controller.JPG
    close up of cheapo euro spec controller.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,350
  • close up of cheapo euro spec controller(BACK).JPG
    close up of cheapo euro spec controller(BACK).JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,350
  • 250w KU TYPE euro spec controller.JPG
    250w KU TYPE euro spec controller.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 1,350
I could be totally wrong but I think the throttle connection and the pas connection are all the same. One of mu earlier controller had 2 identical 3 wire connectors. One was for throttle and one was for PAS. They were both wired to the same pins in the controller. IIRC it didn't matter which one I plugged the throttle into.

It's different to a KU63. The KU63 throttle goes to a pad marked "SD" with a 5v and 0v either side. My guess is that on yours it goes to "TB". You ould try touching it with a 5v wire to see if the motor jumps.

O.k....if I understand you correctly,..I should try to touch a little wire from the positive on the PAS connector,to "TB"on the circuit board?

Try this.

Drawing1.jpg

The green will become your throttle signal wire. Just make sure the throttle you use has the signal on the middle pin.

Alternately, leave the PAS as it is and add a new plug using 5V-0, SP, GND-5.

electrichorse said:
O.k....if I understand you correctly,..I should try to touch a little wire from the positive on the PAS connector,to "TB"on the circuit board?

No don't do that. TB is not correct.

Success!...It works...I tried Keplers suggestion and moved the green signal wire to the new location...Not really bothered about not having PAS...
Thanks guys for your trying to help.
Next trick is to see if the controller can handle 48volts??

Attachments

• Controller with green signal wire in new location.JPG
    Controller with green signal wire in new location.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,263
I ran the controller and motor at 48volts with no problems!...It feels much better...with a better range...and the lvc is no longer a pain.

That controller is basically an infineon EB8XX series controller, I know it has different prefix but it's the same.

You can program that using XPD or Parameter Designer and PCB profile EB806, you need a USB to TTL level adapter.

You can also do a search on google for Infineon Technical and you will find the reference document detailing all the various pads and options.

Hope this helps!

-Mike

mwkeefer said:
You can program that using XPD or Parameter Designer and PCB profile EB806, you need a USB to TTL level adapter.

Mhmm, I don't think XPD supports the EB8xx board, right? (Infineon XC846 chip)

Back