fardriver tuning help

branson.cz

100 mW
fardriver nd72530, with a NBP qs205. cannot go faster than 45 no matter what settings i change. running 72v 200a (14,400kw).

Attachments

• IMG_4860.png
    IMG_4860.png
    998.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4925.png
    IMG_4925.png
    272 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4926.png
    IMG_4926.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4927.png
    IMG_4927.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 17
Did you try change ratios in speed all to 100%? But carefull just set to 100 and try if you can go faster than normal after that dont let it all on 100 :D And you are talking 45 mph or kmh ? If it doesnt help do you have your throttle conected directly to controller ? What T is your windings ? What rim size ? Also i have noticed that you have limited middle speed to 750rpm in ratios in gear settings, so if you dont have 3 speed button it is always in middle speed i think so try to change this setting to higher values too.

Last edited:
Did you try change ratios in speed all to 100%? But carefull just set to 100 and try if you can go faster than normal after that dont let it all on 100 :D And you are talking 45 mph or kmh ? If it doesnt help do you have your throttle conected directly to controller ? What T is your windings ? What rim size ? Also i have noticed that you have limited middle speed to 750rpm in ratios in gear settings, so if you dont have 3 speed button it is always in middle speed i think so try to change this setting to higher values too.
i got it figured out, it’s my battery being bypassed, and a bad field weaking tune. after i got a tuner on it, it’s been getting to 65 pretty easily.

What was changed to get it faster?

I try to find out how I can disable or reduce the weakening field function from the fardriver.

What was changed to get it faster?

I try to find out how I can disable or reduce the weakening field function from the fardriver.
if you want field weaking off, turn all ratios in speed to 100%. i made my bike faster by finding top speed rpm while riding, then using the max rpm i start decreasing ratios in speed by 5/10% every row.

I know that I can reduce the ratios in speed and have found a setting which is ok for me. The ratios in speed are the percentage of the max phase current and are set for every rpm.
But I really like to know how to disable the weakening field completly. There are settings for weak character , but it does not change anything.

I know that I can reduce the ratios in speed and have found a setting which is ok for me. The ratios in speed are the percentage of the max phase current and are set for every rpm.
But I really like to know how to disable the weakening field completly. There are settings for weak character , but it does not change anything.
there’s no way to disable it, but if you set all ratios in speed to 100% you won’t have field weaking.

If I raise the ratios in speed to higher values, the controller does defintily more field weakening.
My scooter made 103kph with a Sabvoton SVMC 72150 without weakening field, with 50A fiel weakening it made 110kph.The 103kph was at 100A battery current, the 110kph was with 150A battery current.

Now with the fardriver I can drive 120kph at 250A battery current and even more, if I do not lower the ratios in speed at the highest rpm values. But at 120kph I will burn my motor in less than a minute, at it is rated only for 5kw.

I have and will not try 100% at the highest rpm values, the manual says lower the values above the normal motor rpm limit to not burn the motor or the controller.

Back