Fechter's Sur-ron Modifications

fechter said:
There are rumors that the software can be reprogrammed via the port on the controller board, but nobody outside of the factory has the programming software. I don't know if this is true or not. Otherwise, de-potting is the only way to do a hardware hack.
Hmmm it's been so many years, someone has to done reverse engineering on it...

The A2B has been gathering dust for a couple of years now. Still a great bike, but my other ones are better. There's no place near here I can ride the Sur-ron off road. I have to ride it on the streets, but there are some nice road rides I can do close to home. For trail riding, I use the fat bike.

1693843445101.png

Any chance you can label what the rest of the wire harness connections go to?
Also, which wire do I cut to enable max speed?
I don’t have the typical looped green/black wire I see in all the vids.

The speed wire goes back to the controller connector, but I don't have the full pinout. Somebody at Luna should know. You might try asking them.

Here's a wiring diagram for the european street version with more stuff labeled. You can see the speed wire connection at the main controller connector.

Attachments

• light-bee-wiring-diagram.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
The A2B has been gathering dust for a couple of years now. Still a great bike, but my other ones are better. There's no place near here I can ride the Sur-ron off road. I have to ride it on the streets, but there are some nice road rides I can do close to home. For trail riding, I use the fat bike.

View attachment 339218
Isn’t that the bike you got busted on? Did the regulations change, or are you riding elsewhere?

I'm exploiting a loophole in the rules that allows for "other power driven mobility devices" not to exceed 6mph. I also mainly ride on the less used trails and haven't had any issues.

Lately there has been some talk about allowing Class 1 ebikes on some of the trails for a test period. I suspect they will get allowed at some point in the future, at least for the areas near me.

Thanks for the update.
I’ve only stuck to pavement if I cross the bridge to your side. The view from my house is of Mt Tam, which I hear calling to me, since I’ve climbed it too many time to count when my wife and I were avid mountain bikers. Now that I threw street tires on my ebike, I’m considering taking a paved route. Stinson Beach to East Ridge seems like a good route, except I’d need to haul my bike and drive there, and the driving to riding ratio is too high. Starting in Mill Valley, and taking 1 to Pantoll then up to East Peak, with a short detour to West Peak (never been) seems like an OK route, but have no idea what traffic looks like on that route. It’s an easy drive to get to Mill Valley. Have you ridden up by pavement by ebike?

Ya, me too I guess, but still tempting. Probably the last time I’d see the view again from the top, since I can’t picture pedaling or driving up ever again. The only times my ebike has been in my truck bed has been to haul it home when it’s been stranded somewhere. I’m wondering if there is a site that shows updates of the rules where you can see the current ebike regs.

Back