• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Finally, I'm Almost There......(E-zip Trailz)

"Finally, I'm Almost There" has a double meaning in this case (triple when you count it as a Fiat diss);

Last week I found myself thinking that as I approached my destinations. I don't know if it was the cold temperatures or that my batteries are getting old, but I certainly did not have the range that I've been used to.
Perhaps it was a combination of the two. In any case, riding my e-bike was hard work.

The second meaning is that today I did some tweaks and took the bike out for a fairly difficult ride. And it behaved admirably. I think I've got it just about comfortable and working well.

It's a 2008 model e-zip Trailz. It doesn't have as many miles on it as one might think (especially considering that I"m an enthusiastic rider) because it's needed near-constant attention; either needed repairs or needed adjustments to get optimum service from it. That's not meant as a complaint, really. I understand that a motorized bike is more complex than a pedal bike; it'll have more issues as a matter of course. And even if this bike was not quite perfect in it's stock condition, it was pretty close at a great price. It's a lot of bang-for-the-buck. The need for the owner to fine-tune it is a small price to pay.

Perhaps I don't need to explain what I've done to it; the photos should tell most of the story. Sorry they're not quite the best. One day I'll try to get a better camera.

I think I've now got the bike in condition that I can do some real riding. Wish me luck......

Attachments

• Picture0007.jpg
    Picture0007.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Picture0008.jpg
    Picture0008.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture0009.jpg
    Picture0009.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture0010.jpg
    Picture0010.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 195
I like the carpet hand shields. I keep thinking I should make something like that for myself for winter here, since my getting-arthritic hands hurt in even slight cold (50-60F) and gloves usually make it very hard for me to manipulate controls.

You should give it a try, Amberwolf. Cost is negligible.

Until the backing softens up a bit you might still need to wear thin gloves. Otherwise it'll rub your hands raw.

But it's definitely warm; last week we had temps in the low 20s. I was able to ride with thin cotton gloves using these sleeves. Without them, arctic gear is mandatory.

Sounds like a plan, then: I can wear some thin fingerless gloves to just keep the shields from rubbing the back of my hands. That shouldn't interfere with my control usage. :)

Back