Firmware wont flash

Greetings. I have attempted to flash my 36V TSDZ2 with the Version for VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 with Java configurator. Everything went ell until the till the end step with the Java configurator. On pressing the compile flash button a dialogue box came up stating the the "make" command was not recognized.
I tried deleteing and reinstalling the files from Github with the same result
All details are included in the file below about where I installed the Github files and the location of the "make" file.
Hopefully I can get the answer before Monday arvo Eastern Australian time as I have a fiend who is helping me and he is available then.
Thank you for your help to get this sorted.
In run Win 10 Pro 64bit

Attachments

• Email info why is it so 27Jul;23.odt
    147.4 KB · Views: 4
Greetings. I have attempted to flash my 36V TSDZ2 with the Version for VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 with Java configurator. Everything went ell until the till the end step with the Java configurator. On pressing the compile flash button a dialogue box came up stating the the "make" command was not recognized.
I tried deleteing and reinstalling the files from Github with the same result
All details are included in the file below about where I installed the Github files and the location of the "make" file.
Hopefully I can get the answer before Monday arvo Eastern Australian time as I have a fiend who is helping me and he is available then.
Thank you for your help to get this sorted.
In run Win 10 Pro 64bit
Hello,

Your post mentions 'github' and 'files' &tc., but doesn't give a link to the source of the files. Can you give the URL(s) that explain what you are doing, sources, etc? If all the related items come from one URL, just post that, but if there are several that don't reference each other (perhaps a source and also an article or post you are following) list them and say what the relationship is.

Probably there is a source URL, but within that as well, you chose a particular download to work with - mention both at least, please.

Also, to gauge your involvement, do you know what the 'make' command is/does?
Do you open a text console session and type commands, or are you selecting a file to run in the GUI? Details, please?

I see the phrase 'Java configurator' - do you know if you have a Java runtime on your system? Can you provide the output of 'java -version' and 'javac -version'?

No guarantees. Perhaps you'll need the assistance of your 'fiend'. But these are a starting point. I don't have this motor or set up so I may not be able to follow through.

Hello,

Your post mentions 'github' and 'files' &tc., but doesn't give a link to the source of the files. Can you give the URL(s) that explain what you are doing, sources, etc? If all the related items come from one URL, just post that, but if there are several that don't reference each other (perhaps a source and also an article or post you are following) list them and say what the relationship is.

Probably there is a source URL, but within that as well, you chose a particular download to work with - mention both at least, please.

Also, to gauge your involvement, do you know what the 'make' command is/does?
Do you open a text console session and type commands, or are you selecting a file to run in the GUI? Details, please?

I see the phrase 'Java configurator' - do you know if you have a Java runtime on your system? Can you provide the output of 'java -version' and 'javac -version'?

No guarantees. Perhaps you'll need the assistance of your 'fiend'. But these are a starting point. I don't have this motor or set up so I may not be able to follow through.
Guday OffgridDownunder, First of aal some typos in my post I'll get the assistance of my friend on Monday when he comes over so until then I'll do my best to answer your queries and fill you in on what I have done
1. Github down load:;GitHub - emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1: TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware adapted to VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 displays
2 "Make" file,I have no idea what it does, however on searching I came up with this; What is a Makefile and how does it work?
3. In my previous post The screen shots show where it is located
4. Re Java; Version 8 Update381 (build 1.8.0_381-b09)
5 Java configurator is the name of a file in the above download that allows one to change parameters in a dialogue box setup.
6 As mentioned have a TDSZ2 36v 350w setup on my bike.
Thanks for your reaching out.

I got distracted yesterday drawing a solution to bring to my fabricator today about getting my own trike going.

I don't run Windows, but I have used cygwin, etc. in the past. I don't have your set up - but I can pursue it further if your friend doesn't find a way through today.

Can you confirm you have completed steps 1-4 in the Wiki in their particular details?
  • download and install ST Visual Development. Install it directly to C:\ , not to the default folder. The file STVP_CmdLine.exe must be located in C:\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvp. Alternatively you can set the correct path in the file _TSDZ2-Smart-EBike/src/controller/compile_and_flash.bat
  • download or clone the Github repository and unpack in directly to C:\

The 'make' file you highlighted is the program 'make'. The Makefile (instructions digested by the 'make' program) is located:
Code:
src/controller/Makefile
The sequence you give:
The system cannot find the path specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.
'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Cleaning failed!!
... says
A file was not found.
A file was not found.
The 'make' program/command was not found.
... and it appears to have happened while running the 'clean' part of the build process, which precedes the 'compile' part of the process.

The content of the 'clean.bat' file: src/controller/clean.bat
Starts by setting a path for the system to use when searching for commands and files, then deletes a file, then calls 'make clean' which in concert with the 'Makefile' instructions causes the 'make' program to remove intermediate files created during previous processing to provide a clean slate. This fails, and you can see the error message a bit later in that file.

I suspect something is wrong with your paths, hence my suggestion above to double check you have followed the details in the instructions in the Wiki as pointed out above.

There may yet be some other problem, including the instructions not being correct (things change, and all possible situations might not have been stumbled over yet - you may be the first for this latest collection of files). But it does seem your paths are not right to find the files during the process.

I don't have your machinery, set up, etc. I may be able to go a bit further setting up part of this. Focus on the tips I've given above, and on working out the paths. I don't know your computer knowledge, forgive me if I over talk.

The 'clean.bat' file, and the 'src/controller/compile.bat' file both specify paths, and expect to find the files in the path listed as if the path starts from where the .bat file is run from.

You are also using a partly GUI process, so there may be an entirely different set of paths specified elsewhere which are wrong instead (to do the same thing, just from a different starting point). I didn't put any thought into working out what happens from the GUI side, as I'm not set up to run the files at all (yet).

Bon Chance.

Last edited:
The 'make' file you highlighted is the program 'make'. The Makefile (instructions digested by the 'make' program) is located:
Code:
src/controller/Makefile
The sequence you give:

... says
A file was not found.
A file was not found.
The 'make' program/command was not found.
... and it appears to have happened while running the 'clean' part of the build process, which precedes the 'compile' part of the process.

The content of the 'clean.bat' file: src/controller/clean.bat
Starts by setting a path for the system to use when searching for commands and files, then deletes a file, then calls 'make clean' which in concert with the 'Makefile' instructions causes the 'make' program to remove intermediate files created during previous processing to provide a clean slate. This fails, and you can see the error message a bit later in that file.

I suspect something is wrong with your paths, hence my suggestion above to double check you have followed the details in the instructions in the Wiki as pointed out above.

There may yet be some other problem, including the instructions not being correct (things change, and all possible situations might not have been stumbled over yet - you may be the first for this latest collection of files). But it does seem your paths are not right to find the files during the process.

I don't have your machinery, set up, etc. I may be able to go a bit further setting up part of this. Focus on the tips I've given above, and on working out the paths. I don't know your computer knowledge, forgive me if I over talk.

The 'clean.bat' file, and the 'src/controller/compile.bat' file both specify paths, and expect to find the files in the path listed as if the path starts from where the .bat file is run from.

You are also using a partly GUI process, so there may be an entirely different set of paths specified elsewhere which are wrong instead (to do the same thing, just from a different starting point). I didn't put any thought into working out what happens from the GUI side, as I'm not set up to run the files at all (yet).

Bon Chance.
I got distracted yesterday drawing a solution to bring to my fabricator today about getting my own trike going.

I don't run Windows, but I have used cygwin, etc. in the past. I don't have your set up - but I can pursue it further if your friend doesn't find a way through today.

Can you confirm you have completed steps 1-4 in the Wiki in their particular details?
Yep I believe we have followed the wiki implicitly When My friend arrives shortly we'll persue the possibility of incorrect paths. Personally I don't believe the path is incorrect as when checking the installation in C drive after de compressing,all the files appear to be in the directory.

Back