Troubleshooting TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware for stock display compilation

Hi all,

First post here. I just got my TSDZ2 kit and am trying to work out how to put the open source firmware on it (stock VLCD5 display). I followed the instructions here to the letter (as far as I'm aware): https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1/wiki

Step 3: "The file STVP_CmdLine.exe must be located in C:\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvp."
--> Checked, yep.

Step 4: "download or clone the Github repository and unpack in directly to C:\"
--> JavaConfigurator.jar is located under C:\TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-master, believe that's correct?

Step 7: Pressing the "Compile & Flash" button gave the following error:

Code:
Cleaning files...
Done.
sdcc -c -I../common/STM8S_StdPeriph_Lib/inc -I../common -I. -I../ -mstm8 -Ddoubl
e=float --std-c99 --nolospre  --out-fmt-ihx --debug  -o../common/STM8S_StdPeriph
_Lib/src/stm8s_iwdg.c ../common/STM8S_StdPeriph_Lib/src/stm8s_iwdg.c
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, sdcc -c -I../common/STM8S_StdPeriph_Lib/inc -
I../common -I. -I../ -mstm8 -Ddouble=float --std-c99 --nolospre --out-fmt-ihx --
debug -o../common/STM8S_StdPeriph_Lib/src/stm8s_iwdg.c ../common/STM8S_StdPeriph
_Lib/src/stm8s_iwdg.c, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [../common/STM8S_StdPeriph_Lib/src/stm8s_iwdg.rel] Error 2
Press any key to continue . . .

--> C:\TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-master\src\common\STM8S_StdPeriph_Lib\src contains a whole lot of .c files no .rel files at all.

Any advice appreciated. :D

For anybody else running into this, running things in the administrator's account (Windows 7) solved it for me. :thumb:

Back