Flipsky FT85BD

NoCornersCut

1 µW
Does anyone have experience with this controller the dual model and wiring a throttle that is not VX Pro. I am building ebike and have basic 3 prong bafang throttle yellow circle cut off and wired into the PPM port Black Red White and am not getting anything near consistent when setting throttle points on the Tool.

The pulse width is never consistent, it goes anywhere from 1.1ms to 64ms anythime i pull throttle, and any number in between.

FLIPSKY STATES AS FOLLOWS:
  • Input Signals Support: PPM, ADC, UART (compatible with FLIPSKY remote VX4 and VX3Pro only at present)
And looking at other items they have listed it seems as thoug the VX remote only is for UART.

Anyway, I have everything hooked up and get NO THROTTLE RESPONSE when not in the tool and am trying to power bike. I tried twist throttle and a seperate thumb throttle. No juice.... If it only works with the VX remote the need to update the web. Thanks for any assistance.

A "bafang" throttle is probably a standard analog-voltage-range hall-sensor-based throttle, that is probably "off" around 1v or so, and full-on around 3-4v or so. (you can measure this with a voltmeter).

If your controller is expecting a PPM signal, you'd have to buy or build something to convert that analog voltage into teh correct specific PPM signal it expects.

If your controller can be programmed to accept a standard hall-sensor-based throttle's analog voltage range, then doing that should allow it to work correctly.

Back