foundingpower programmable bms

mucek & romelec that looks great!

For a moment I got all excited when I read SmartBMS, but these don't use the OZ chip, do they?

I think Crossbreak is working on something like this, too.

Where does the SD card for data storage go? Is it from the phone?

Thanks!

Well, I don't know what OZ chips are, but as far as I know, Linear Technology chips are far best that are avalible. (unfortunatly the price is the highest too ... :( )

The storage is on phone - also GPS data are used from phone's GPS unit. It would be easy to do offline storage, but I don't see much point in it ... Today I just tested including also Dropbox library - in order to automatically transfer measurments on computer. So far so good :)

Regards,
Gregor

p.s. Eason - just a quick question: can LTC 6403 be replaced with 6404? As I remember, basic communication protocol as well as the pinout is the same, but the accuracy (not resolution!) is higher: 1 mV at 6404 vs. 5 mV at 6403. I have some samples in the office and perhaps I can give it a try :).

It uses the Linear Tech LTC680x parts, the same as used in the Mitsubishi i-Miev !

SmartBMS is OK for small ebikes, this one is for big ones and motorcycles/scooters/ATV,...

HI nechaus

where can I buy your BMS for 24s li-ion ?

I'd like to buy one ASAP

thanks

Alan.

mucek said:
Well, I don't know what OZ chips are, but as far as I know, Linear Technology chips are far best that are avalible. (unfortunatly the price is the highest too ... :( )

The storage is on phone - also GPS data are used from phone's GPS unit. It would be easy to do offline storage, but I don't see much point in it ... Today I just tested including also Dropbox library - in order to automatically transfer measurments on computer. So far so good :)

Regards,
Gregor

p.s. Eason - just a quick question: can LTC 6403 be replaced with 6404? As I remember, basic communication protocol as well as the pinout is the same, but the accuracy (not resolution!) is higher: 1 mV at 6404 vs. 5 mV at 6403. I have some samples in the office and perhaps I can give it a try :).

Hello,about your questions,
I am now studying 6804.you are right,basic communication protocol as well as the pinout is the same.
most advantage for 6804 is that it is more convenient to daisy-chaining.this is why I stopped developing daisy-chaining using 6803-3.

True. Plus its accuracy is in +/- 1 mV range within all cells and full temperature range (which is not true for 6803).

Regards,
Gregor

ordered mine and it's on it's way... looking forward to getting it, these look great :)

Hi,

I wonder: Is regenerated current also calculated in the system?
Reason i ask, is that the version-2 system has a separate sensor for charging current and distracted current. When re-generating, current is induced in order to charge the batteries again, but this comes thru the "discharge-current sensor" instead of the built-in "charge current sensor".

Also, i think it would be a good idea if the BMS would have a (programmable) analog output in order to regulate the charging current of a (for instance: Elcon) Charger.

Hi,
Other question: How is managed the high voltage cut due to regenerative braking ?
After a full charge and going down a slope will lead to this situation and I absolutely need to manage this case for my future ATV conversion.
Cutting the accelerator signal will be OK for my case.

Well, i'm not capable of using the accellerator signal at all...
My Vectrix has an output that really goes fron zero to 5 volts, and has a zero-point somewhere inbetween. You can turn the throttle from you, lowering the voltage, and it will run backwards! When pulling the throttle, it will go forward.
So, if the BMS cuts the output, my scooter will brake and run backwards; a unpleasant situation :D

It is also my case :wink:
I won't use the accelerator but will supply it with 5v and connect to an enable input of the controller (Sevcon), I think the seat switch will be OK but the 50% PWM on low bat will have to be disabled somehow.

I was thinking about putting a piezo buzzer on the output, and connect the other side of it to +5v, in order to invert the function.

I found this in the manual:
- auxiliary control: UV and OV control signal (opto coupled open collector)
- BMS has two current sensor. One is the internal CS(current sensor) to monitor charging current. The other is the external CS to monitor discharging current.Besides that,external CS can also monitor recuperation current. This kind of CS is the two-way current sensor
- Internal buzzer. If I remember well it beeps on low battery, when the throttle is reduced..

Hello,

I just received from Eason (Foundingnewenergy sale manager) a BMS EBS-BMS.24S with an OLED display.
In addition to the BMS I ordered also from Eason a bulk charger 75V 10A ROHS
Order was placed on Aliexpress on 28/Oct and received on 23/Nov
Boxing was good, here under unpacking picture
14Anonyme-20131124-173930.jpg

14Anonyme-20131124-174128.jpg

14Anonyme-20131124-174242.jpg

14Anonyme-20131124-174339.jpg

And here under components
USB & charger manual
14Anonyme-20131124-174804.jpg

Charger with an extra fuse equipped with Anderson connector
14Anonyme-20131124-174958.jpg

BMS with my car key to compare
14Anonyme-20131124-175153.jpg

14Anonyme-20131124-175401.jpg

OLED Display with switch
14Anonyme-20131124-175605.jpg

Balancing and throttle wires
14Anonyme-20131124-175733.jpg

Temps wires with probes
14Anonyme-20131124-180108.jpg

Hall Sensor
14Anonyme-20131124-180311.jpg

All component s and wires seems to be made and build with good quality

Now I have to connect every think and make it work

A suivre …

What scares me about these are if the instructions are clear enough to follow them. i am not computer smart.and not a electrical enginner. Are they explicit enough? Also the price if you don't mind?

cassschr1 said:
What scares me about these are if the instructions are clear enough to follow them. i am not computer smart.and not a electrical enginner. Are they explicit enough? Also the price if you don't mind?

Take it easy.
Instructions are clear and pc-software interface is friendly.
You can ask "mucek",he is familiar with my BMS,and you also could buy BMS and service from him.

http://www.ecat.si/smartbms/?lang=en

BTW,this week is my online shop celebration.
There are coupons in my oline shop until the end of this month.
Everyone can get 15usd there for ordering BMS.
And next month there is a Christmas Promotion in my online shop.(12.1-12.26).
Welcome to my shop.
Thank you for supporting me so much these years.
I will continue to work hard and do my best to develop good smart BMS.

I can confirm that the BMS schematics are clear, and well explained.
Software is visual and comprehensive.
And, most important i think, Eason is very responsive and helpful if you may have any questiond, AND there is a large Forum community here on ES that can give you backup, answers, and real-life expirience as well.
All and all, i'd say its a safe bet to purchase his BMS.
Price? Complete BMS is on his website priced at $265 (excluding shipping.) I think that's a fair price.

Current system does not enable daisy-chaining several BMS units for more cells. This can be work-arounded using 2 BMS units seperately and some postprocessing logic, but this is not a proper solution (neither is simple one :) ).

However, there's an upgrade in progress, which will use LTC 6408-4 chips, which are more convenient for daisy-chaining (isoSPI interface) and probably there will be some new BMS model avalible in the near future, which will enable daisy-chaining.

As Eason mentioned before, I am starting to selling his BMS units and offer support for European union area in 2014 (as well as working on some modifications and software development), you can see more on http://www.ecat.si/?lang=en This also includes some more detailed manuals with plenty of drawings as well as Android application, which will have even some more features than thought before. :) All this is still in working, but I assume that everything (documents, drawings, applications) will be public published until the end of the year.

Regards,
Gregor

Hello,
I received the BMS from Eason, and i connected all wiring according to the manual.
The voltages displayed however, aren't corect.
From the second chip, all is okay.
The first chip however, gives correct cell 1 value, but incorrect cell 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 value, and correct 7 and 8 value again.
When i measure on the connectors (multiple times done and checked) it gives correct voltages.
The incorrect voltages displayed in the software (and LCD display) are 6,2V and 5,7V.
Due the high voltage, the charger won't charge as well...

Anybody got a idea what can be wrong here?

Thanks..

As i already said: No wiring error.
I checked voltages before plugging it into the BMS.
All voltages add up, and are according to schematics.

ps. Explain to me how i can create a total voltage of 68.8 volts with a pack of total 53 volts with a wiring error?

At least on previous versions of BMS some of the wire would be double to single pin and that is different for each setup - 12S,16S...etc. I had same issue, then rewired and all went good.

True, but the manual gives a clear connection diagram for each setup, and i printed the setup for 16S, and wired it accordingly.
I dont want to be a pain in the ***, but i really am 200% sure it's wired o.k.
Thats why i think it should be something else...

Back