Fourstar Trike Resurrection

H2Guy

100 mW
Got my hands on one of these that the PO removed all the electrical drive components and mounted a gas engine. It’s seen some better days but for the 100 bucks I paid with a miscellaneous box of old parts including the original geared motor I thought it would be a good project.
IMG_0224.jpeg

Of course the one I have looks “slightly different” …
IMG_3087.jpeg

I did get the motor mounted up and a new hydraulic brake bracketed on. Spins and stops so I’ll press on with sourcing a proper controller, throttle, switches etc etc. Also going through my inventory of 18650’s to build a 10S12P pack. Pretty sure 20+Ahr will get me safely through a round or more and this frame has plenty of space.

IMG_3105.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3087.jpeg
    IMG_3087.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3105.jpeg
    IMG_3105.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3105.jpeg
    IMG_3105.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 0
Looks like a fun project...but my very first thought when I saw the first pic was "oh, wow, a three wheeled stapler!" :lol:

(random blue stapler pic from image search)
1698979541576.png

And your stapler reminds me of a jet ski … perhaps I should just put pontoons on this beast :)
View attachment 342408
No, you need a rod holder, sissy bar for the rear passenger and a place to hold your electric mode of transport (a one-wheel would be Dude-worthy)

OP might need bigger tires and a better seat, bigger motor and more volts ;)

36V (10S10P) battery built (stock voltage) and bench tested controller, motor and all the other ancillary bits. Still waiting on contractor and discretes for the pre-charge circuit. Still have to mock up on the frame, open the motor’s gearbox to inspect and lubricate and clean up the frame from the PO’s conversion to gas. A little paint and my “stapler” should be ready for the 2024 golf season :cool:

Back