Frockfest

ahahah I remember that vid Jay.. think the poor other guy was wise :D

Yahhh naming rights be screwed anyways... if we can get this off the ground, it'd be ace no matter what it is called...

I Personally am thinking of running a 12/14 s machine for this track, though I know once we've cleaned it up it'll take higher speeds, I reckon a well set up 50 km/h bike would be just fine. On the straightaway, i was only up to about 40km/h before braking into the corner (n as you can see I was rough-as in terms of skillz) I reckon a lighter bike with good suspension n brakes would hold its own against a heavier one with a higher top speed. That being said, there is still the sand flat area for pure acceleration races...

FrockFest FTW!

T3sla when you get the time let me know man and I'll come with

Joe

Im in for the 24th (daughters 21st on the 23rd) If I can enter my trike? Ill be there on the 16th and 17th (as long as work dosent get in the way)

@ FT. Awesome video. Love it.

full-throttle said:
So, is everyone happy with -

Working bee / track preparation / practice : 16/17 Mar
Race : 23/24 Mar

Who's in?

Thanks for nominating a date to start locking things down.
16: Ok
17: Morning possibly
23: Maybe
24: No good

Unfortunately that "race" weekend sucks for me (son's birthday, family in town, etc). More chance of making it on the Sat than Sunday. If we had it the following weekend, I am looking pretty clear and would have more time to hang out.

Just thinking aloud... If we have enough cars/transport we could do both tracks in the same day, one in the morning, other in the arvo. Or

adrian_sm said:
Just thinking aloud... If we have enough cars/transport we could do both tracks in the same day, one in the morning, other in the arvo. Or
Or do a series of races?

I'd be up for a series. Something a little different each round.

There's a closed off loop of Yarra Boulevard (just west of Studley Park boat house) that will suit high speed bikes.
Could even do an off-road round. Can think of a few good places.

I'm out for the weekend of the 23rd, I'll be in bloody Darwin of all places. I'm looking forward to seeing the videos though!

What bike are you going to race full throttle ?
I suspect your mountain goat GNG won't be too competitive, though you're a more experienced rider than most so that would close up the gap. Or you could be the last man standing and win regardless if everyone gets too carried away pumping bulk amps into their frocks :lol:

Dates look good for me. But it's the week before easter so maybe not for everyone? :?:

That trike of Alan's could be a contender. Happy to donate liPo for a cut Alan ;)

Although I have seen F-T build a bike on youtube in about 3 mins. He's a tinkerer.
Hope I can get my dual drive up by then, if I am gonna lose teeth I want witnesses and footage...

I'm in for those dates.
Beware I might get randomly abducted and conscripted for work interstate or end up in Taipei for the expo.
If I do end up somewhere near china, I'll bring back AFK reparations and call them prizes for the next meet :shock:

Frocktober.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frocktober
Looks like we have some competition if we have a October meet :wink:

Hyena said:
Frocktober needs to be locked in like pedophile in a prison! 8)

Hrmz OBVIOUSLY :p i like the 'frock' in there but shouldnt it be "Frockbruary" since its February and all :p :mrgreen:

KiM

file.php

The banter helps with creativity, freedom of expression and what not.

We all have a unified direction 8)

alan c said:
Im in for the 24th (daughters 21st on the 23rd) If I can enter my trike? Ill be there on the 16th and 17th (as long as work dosent get in the way)

Details?
What batteries are you in need of?

Rules section needs updating:
The first rule of Frockfest is: you do not talk about Frockfest.
The second rule of Frockfest is: you DO NOT talk about Frockfest!
Third rule of Frockfest: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, the race is over.
Fourth rule: only two guys to a race?? (might need to change that)
Fifth rule: one race at a time, fellas.
Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes - change that to "helmets compulsory"
Seventh rule: races will go on as long as they have to.
And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Frockfest, you have to race

Batteries? Last time we saw alan he was hunched on his recumbent with (three?) large SLA's between his fundament - but since then he's been booked for overtaking a fire truck in Melton at 70kph, so I', hoping he's somehow cheating the laws of the universe by doing this on SLA, and thus if I upgrade him to 1.21 Gw of LiPo he can break the sound barrier. Or some such...

Also, bonus points for designer HiVis frocks?
http://shop.vespertinenyc.com/

full-throttle said:
Rules section needs updating:
The first rule of Frockfest is: you do not talk about Frockfest.
The second rule of Frockfest is: you DO NOT talk about Frockfest!
Third rule of Frockfest: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, the race is over.
Fourth rule: only two guys to a race?? (might need to change that)
Fifth rule: one race at a time, fellas.
Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes - change that to "helmets compulsory"
Seventh rule: races will go on as long as they have to.
And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Frockfest, you have to race

Wonder where you got that idea from :roll: :roll:
heheh first post amended, now to install photoshop and get back into it.
Tis been a while, we took a class at uni thinking it be a great way to meet the ladies.
Turned out to be an online course. :cry:
Amusingly it was the highest marks anyone ever got, none of us under 95% ahhh the joy of applying a methodical engineering mindset.

Edit, woah
This is actually nice
http://shop.vespertinenyc.com/product/trench

t3sla said:
Wonder where you got that idea from :roll: :roll:
Oh yeah, the credit goes to t3sla for quoting the first line at the EV fest on Sunday. Right before him confusing Star Track Express with Star Trek.

The best quote (last weekend) actually goes to Joe - when referring to holding a camera with his teeth:
having this in my mouth is like giving headjob to a robot, no wonder *** likes it so much

Back