Front Forks for Hub Motor

Hello All and thanks in advance for any help you can give .. I had another post in this forum where I struggled some to get the front hub motor to clamp to the forks with the lawyer lips .. I ended up grinding a little off to use better washers for "clamping"
What I'd like to do is find a replacement fork with a nice thick dropout ..no lawyer lips ... I have seen them in pictures but cannot seem to find where I might buy It .. Not looking for a suspension fork ..just a strong steel fork that won't change the bike's geometry ...
Any suggestions will be appreciated ...Thanks Don 20220329_102500.jpg

Forks come in a wheel size, which you did not mention.

More importantly, the steerer is either 1" or 1-1/8" diameter, and needs a stem to be long enough to fit your steer tube. You need to specify both the diameter and stem length to find a fork that fits your cruiser bike.

From the picture, you probably need a 26" steel fork that is 1" threaded, with maybe a 8-10" stem, ideally with disk brake mounts. If I knew where to get one of them, I'd have one for my cruiser bike, but I don't.

Maybe Chalo, a bicycle expert here with extensive supplier knowledge, can help you if you provide the missing details.

The stickiest issue for your Townie is that you need a really long steer tube. Otherwise, you could use a 26" or 29" BMX fork and get dropouts that are much more accommodating for torque washers or torque arms:

s-l400.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283975195786

When I'm in your situation, I weld an extension onto the short steer tube to make it fit the frame. I use a piece of angle iron to keep the steer tube and the extension aligned while I tack them.

AFAICT, the only other option is an expensive custom steel fork (Waltworks or equivalent). I used a flat file to grind the "lips" off a Surly steel fork, but at 10" the steerer tube might not be long enough.

Back