Front freewheel torque: spragg vs pawl

Can a spragg clutch bearing like the csk35 take enough torque to work just as well or even better in a front freewheel design that is not driven by an engine, but rather just cranked by average human power? We know from the old Elation design that the csk35 is not enough to work in a front freewheel when it is being driven by an ebike engine. But could it rival freewheels like the White Industries Eno when used without an engine? After all, it's rated to take 175nm of force. I'm having such a difficult time finding the torque capacity of traditional freewheels to use as a comparison base. Any ideas?

I know little on this, but recalled reading "pawls suck"

so checked my note, maybe relevant or adaptable?

DT Swiss star ratchet hub bodies

Not the lightest but very strong for torque, being modular make replacement very easy, steel freehub body sold separately

350 hub or 240, NOT 370

18-notch ratchet, most durable on the market.

but really durable and maintenance and upgrade friendly

The star ratchet design is definitely cool. But unlike the csk35 spragg bearing, I am unaware of any star ratchet product on the market that can be as easily adapted into a front freewheel. In addition, I love the silence of spragg clutches, a feature not offered by other designs.

Back