Generic Bafang display Emulator?

SpaceyJohn

10 µW
I'm trying to determine adequate bbshd assist level values.
Using the programing cable and basic software.

The annoyance here is the constant switching of the programming cable
to the display to see the effects of the new values.
Turning the pedal to test assist levels, won't kick in unless the display is connected,
and disconnecting the programming cable which uses that connection to the motor.

Is there a easier more productive way?

Perhaps a display emulator with three buttons, power and up down for assists.
Telling the motor the display is connected. This way I can see the effect of my custom profile instantly.
Another concern is bending the pins with the constant back and forth.

Hope someone has found and can share the solution.

Last edited:
I'm trying to determine adequate bbshd assist level values.
Using the programing cable and basic software.

The annoyance here is the constant switching of the programming cable
to the display to see the effects of the new values.
Turning the pedal to test assist levels, won't kick in unless the display is connected,
and disconnecting the programming cable which uses that connection to the motor.
Is there a easier more productive way?

Perhaps a display emulator with three buttons, power and up down for assists.
Telling the motor the display is connected. This way I can see the effect of my custom profile instantly.
Another concern is bending the pins with the constant back and forth.

Hope someone has found and can share the solution.
I'm pretty sure the android "speeed" app will do what you need, you can program the controller and use it as a display just from swiping the apps pages.

I'm pretty sure the android "speeed" app will do what you need, you can program the controller and use it as a display just from swiping the apps pages.

Update: I downloaded and installed.

Messing with it, with the programming cable and C port on the cell

Last edited:
Does the speeed app have all the settings of the basic bafang desktop settings?

Does the speeed app have all the settings of the basic bafang desktop settings?
Im currently using the custom firmware on mine but when I had it stock and used the speed app I'm pretty sure it had all the settings, certainly the vast majority of them.

Im currently using the custom firmware on mine but when I had it stock and used the speed app I'm pretty sure it had all the settings, certainly the vast majority of them.
Can you tell me about what this custom firmware is about?

Can you tell me about what this custom firmware is about?

Theirs a lot of info on this thread and the link to the github project on the first post.
Theirs pros and cons but for me the only negative is that the shift sensor doesn't seem to be so effective using the custom firmware.

Theirs a lot of info on this thread and the link to the github project on the first post.
Theirs pros and cons but for me the only negative is that the shift sensor doesn't seem to be so effective using the custom firmware.
I found a app on google playstore called The speeed app. spelled with three e's . Seems to work even without the display plugged in, it can act as a display and has all the settings of the desktop app.

Βρήκα μια εφαρμογή στο google playstore που ονομάζεται The Speeed app. γράφεται με τρία ε . Φαίνεται να λειτουργεί ακόμα και χωρίς την οθόνη συνδεδεμένη, μπορεί να λειτουργήσει ως οθόνη και έχει όλες τις ρυθμίσεις της εφαρμογής επιφάνειας εργασίας.
δεν το δείχνει

Back