Good hub for 20mm Thru-Axle?

GiantEV

100 W
I'm looking to build a couple of front wheels that need to have 20mm Thru-Axles (TAs). I bought a Hope Pro 2 EVO hub for one of the wheels and am trying to decide if I want to try a cheaper hub for the other wheel.

So my question is, what experience do you guys have with front hubs that are reliable and how much did you pay for the hub?

GiantEV said:
I'm looking to build a couple of front wheels that need to have 20mm Thru-Axles (TAs). I bought a Hope Pro 2 EVO hub for one of the wheels and am trying to decide if I want to try a cheaper hub for the other wheel.

So my question is, what experience do you guys have with front hubs that are reliable and how much did you pay for the hub?

I have one DMR convertible 20mm TA front hub on my bike. They don't come with the TA. It's been flawless for my commuting needs and has built up a sturdy and low-maintenance wheel. About $50

That is mostly about where and how the bike will ride. For me, best is to buy a used high end DH hub and new bearings, than buying a cheap new hub. I have many that were very good investments: A DT FR and a 440, a Jumping Flea, another Ringle and a Hadley. All of them found used and cheap, and rebuilt as new for the cost of good bearings.

Back