Good resource for those in need of help

Below is my experience, I was not paid to say any of this: My bike, controller and battery were dead, I couldn't figure it out and then I connected with Victor on this forum and he helped me big time.
In the fall of 2018 i had finished up a big build project. I had found an old cafe racer style 125cc bike and pulled the gas parts off, making it electric. I have a QS205 and sabvaton. I had mounted two 72v 18650 batteries with 17AH each. It is a great ride. I had buzzed around on it several times and it was running great. Then on a long ride it crapped out. I had a buddy pick me up in his truck and take me home with my tail between my legs.
I tested everything, and I couldn't find the problem. Months of trying and nothing.
Then I saw a post on Endless Sphere by Victor at Vicious Cycle; https://viciouscyclebattery.net/. He posted about fixing and building batteries. I thought I'd reach out and see if he could be of help.
BOY am I glad that I did.
After talking with him for about 30 minutes I realized how much knowledge he had and decided to send all my equipment down to him, rather than electrocuting myself in my basement all winter long.
I sent him my controller, and three 18650 bike batteries, along with a shunt and display.
He diagnosed, repaired and even built me a battery as one of mine turned out to be dead. He ordered me an AWESOME bluetooth BMS that is working great. He fixed an issue with my controller that I would have never found.
He communicated with me regularly, talked me through options and gave me advice on the best solutions for the $$. He would text me photos as he found issues, or finished pieces up.
When all was said and done, he shipped me back all my equipment with new connectors and a detailed outline on the proper connections. He is in Philadelphia so ground shipping with Li-ion batteries was pretty cheap and didn't take long.
And as soon as I hooked everything back up, it all worked perfectly, including the bluetooth BMS on the first try. He even named the battery so in the BMS controls so when I open the app it says "Patrick's 72v Battery". He was timely with his work and very fair with his pricing.
Victor is a really hard working, genuine guy who loves his trade. He is highly skilled, honest and a good communicator with his clients. I am grateful to have found Victor on Endless Sphere. I would HIGHLY recommend him to others that are experiencing issues. I will now use him for all of my e-bike / e-motorcycle projects that are above my pay grade.

I’m going to bookmark his businesses webpage. It’s good to know a good east coast source for such expertise. I do need to have 2 lipos with dead cells fixed at some point.

Good result!
Just a shame that a knowledgeable guy like him seems to build a battery without cell holders but instead by glueing cells together and not using extra protection rings on the positive terminals. That doesn't appear very professional.

SlowCo said:
Good result!
Just a shame that a knowledgeable guy like him seems to build a battery without cell holders but instead by glueing cells together and not using extra protection rings on the positive terminals. That doesn't appear very professional.

I am not sure about all of his builds but my batteries have cell holders. He was curing about one that I sent for repair because it was glued together. Cheap china build. But the three he sent me were all set up with cell holders. From my experience, he would probably do whatever you ask him to do. He seemed cool with all my weird requests.

changeissimple said:
Below is my experience, I was not paid to say any of this: My bike, controller and battery were dead, I couldn't figure it out and then I connected with Victor on this forum and he helped me big time.
In the fall of 2018 i had finished up a big build project. I had found an old cafe racer style 125cc bike and pulled the gas parts off, making it electric. I have a QS205 and sabvaton. I had mounted two 72v 18650 batteries with 17AH each. It is a great ride. I had buzzed around on it several times and it was running great. Then on a long ride it crapped out. I had a buddy pick me up in his truck and take me home with my tail between my legs.
I tested everything, and I couldn't find the problem. Months of trying and nothing.
Then I saw a post on Endless Sphere by Victor at Vicious Cycle; https://viciouscyclebattery.net/. He posted about fixing and building batteries. I thought I'd reach out and see if he could be of help.
BOY am I glad that I did.
After talking with him for about 30 minutes I realized how much knowledge he had and decided to send all my equipment down to him, rather than electrocuting myself in my basement all winter long.
I sent him my controller, and three 18650 bike batteries, along with a shunt and display.
He diagnosed, repaired and even built me a battery as one of mine turned out to be dead. He ordered me an AWESOME bluetooth BMS that is working great. He fixed an issue with my controller that I would have never found.
He communicated with me regularly, talked me through options and gave me advice on the best solutions for the $$. He would text me photos as he found issues, or finished pieces up.
When all was said and done, he shipped me back all my equipment with new connectors and a detailed outline on the proper connections. He is in Philadelphia so ground shipping with Li-ion batteries was pretty cheap and didn't take long.
And as soon as I hooked everything back up, it all worked perfectly, including the bluetooth BMS on the first try. He even named the battery so in the BMS controls so when I open the app it says "Patrick's 72v Battery". He was timely with his work and very fair with his pricing.
Victor is a really hard working, genuine guy who loves his trade. He is highly skilled, honest and a good communicator with his clients. I am grateful to have found Victor on Endless Sphere. I would HIGHLY recommend him to others that are experiencing issues. I will now use him for all of my e-bike / e-motorcycle projects that are above my pay grade.

Glad I could be of help Patrick. Anyone else need help. Lol

Skaiwerd said:
I’m going to bookmark his businesses webpage. It’s good to know a good east coast source for such expertise. I do need to have 2 lipos with dead cells fixed at some point.

Send them on downn

SlowCo said:
Good result!

I use what the customer wants me to use. Sometimes for size restrictions I have to glue them to fit in a special cavity. Don't knock my work sir when you don't know what I do. Do you know how many packs I repair that come in cell holders that just created an oven inside sealed batteries that need to vent.

If u need a battery build with cell holders then I will surely build you one. I have many types of cells holders in stock. Know it kindly in advance as they say.

changeissimple said:
SlowCo said:
Good result!

I am not sure about all of his builds but my batteries have cell holders. He was curing about one that I sent for repair because it was glued together. Cheap china build. But the three he sent me were all set up with cell holders. From my experience, he would probably do whatever you ask him to do. He seemed cool with all my weird requests.

Thank you Patrick. I think there r just haters in here. Lol. As I explained I do what the customer wants me to do. And sometimes glueing then us better. They don't rub together asking as the top.of the cells re a little smaller so the anode and cathodes don't touch at all.

Back