Greentime Brushless motor for mid drive?

Skalabala

1 kW
The meant for toys motor seems quite limited in current handling.

At over $600 the Alien motor sounds like a premium motor, and a real powerhouse. You'll need some way to increase heat dissipation from such a small shelled inrunner, but if you can handle the reduction and they can put hall sensors, it could be a great 10-12kw peak motor at say 36V. I don't know about running it at the full 8k+ rpm and max current, since it's probably designed for something that can automatically dissipate the heat...an RC aircraft with fast moving air, or an RC boat with a water jacket. I'm too opposed to noise like a blender to ever use motors with such high rpm, but if low weight is your primary criteria and the price not offensive I'd love to see the end result. :mrgreen:

Could the first one be rewound like a Thud job? 8) And then make more watts? I am sure that the first one can do more than specified?
Thanks for the input :)
And a small custom water jacket on the first one should help :p

riba2233 said:
Maybe you could get up to 30% more power with rewind, but that's still low.

You should tell me what I want to hear :lol: Triple the power with a rewind :mrgreen:
I am struggling to understand why a 80-100 motor can give 7000W+- but this motor can not.
I am a poor person financially wise so excuse my ignorance :(

So the Turnigy runs at 9000rpm? That is a bit insane :shock:
Water cooling an inrunner is easy :D

riba2233 said:
Yeah, if you want full power from 80-100, you want around 9000 rpm.

Maybe you can make some sort of oil bath? That would be crazy cooling :lol:

Won't be a problem to make it :D Problem is to get a motor :cry:

riba2233 said:
Maybe you could get away with 63-74 type motor, if you use that kind of cooling. But if you need higher power at lower rpm, you should look at big block alternative BHT motor or revolt rv100.

But 63-74 is an outrunner? That will be a challenge to liquid cool :shock:
I was looking at those BHT motors. But still to expensive for me :cry: Shipping price is a pain in my heart :lol:

I have the larger bldc motor you're looking at and it has been working well. I definitely wouldn't go with the Alien motor since its rpms are far too high for what you'll be doing. My motor is sensored so it will work well with controllers. The downside is that it's fairly loud and I'm not sure how it compares in efficiency to other motors.
I bought mine for around $200, so it looks like it's gone down in price.

dwarrenku said:
I have the larger bldc motor you're looking at and it has been working well. I definitely wouldn't go with the Alien motor since its rpms are far too high for what you'll be doing. My motor is sensored so it will work well with controllers. The downside is that it's fairly loud and I'm not sure how it compares in efficiency to other motors.
I bought mine for around $200, so it looks like it's gone down in price.

Thanks bud. What motor did you get exactly?

Back