GT i-drive 2.0 Build

dnmun said:
friendly1uk said:
Some long winded post

do not buy a BMS from BMS battery and especially the cheap 'smart' BMS that you have to program in order to use. i do think the EMC-1000 charger they offer is the best deal for a charger, except they ship it air freight so shipping costs a fortune.

greg uses the BMS built into andrei's i-drive controller and it works very well from the numbers i have seen greg post up while charging.

also i see no reason to go to 24S lipo since the 20S lipo seems to provide enuff speed and less risk of burning the mosfets imo.

You don't have to program the smart, I have them in use here. They are programmable though, they are very versatile and can encompass peoples desires to under charge if they so wish. They can do lots of things the bestek one's can't. You tell them how you want it set when you buy it, Or you can cough the $100 extra for all the PC kit to do it yourself.

I don't know who greg or andrei are. The i-drive is the bike though. I feel I'm missing about 80 pages. Never mind :)

just sold this bike on behalf of axel (who moved to paris).

i gave new owner a bulk charger and a BC168 balance charger.

on first or second charge, he had a parallel/series incident; fried a balance connector. i had told him he would do it - everybody does. good thing he got it out of the way early. just had to buy a new parallel balance connector to replace fried one..

gotta send the link to the new owner...

GCinDC said:
just sold this bike on behalf of axel (who moved to paris).

i gave new owner a bulk charger and a BC168 balance charger.

on first or second charge, he had a parallel/series incident; fried a balance connector. i had told him he would do it - everybody does. good thing he got it out of the way early. just had to buy a new parallel balance connector to replace fried one..

gotta send the link to the new owner...

BC168 rules...: 1)never charge in dark condition 2) never charge when you're drunk 3) change the balance plugs and check the main board if shortcuted and be prepared to strange V display sometimes ...4)better buy a new B168...

Back