• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Handbike Rebuild - Controller help needed please

Copperhead

100 µW
Hi everyone

I'm currently in the planning stages of rebuilding my handbike (picture below). My riding varies from gentle cruises in the countryside (10-12mph AVG), to high effort training sessions with friends (16-20mph AVG), to globe trotting fundraising challenge rides for charity with plenty of climbs thrown in (up to 10-12%).

P1030691.jpg

I've decided on fitting either a 10t 53621HR-CD Mac motor or a 500/750W Bafang CST hub motor. I have a guy that is going to build me a couple of batteries using 20700 cells at 48v to power it, but my knowledge runs out when it comes to controllers, and more importantly a controller that is going to be bombproof and weatherproof [hitching a ride home when you've broken down up a foreign mountain in a rainstorm isn't so easy as quadraplegic].

I'm clueless when it comes to the controller (with everything else I'm okay enough) side of things and my primary concern is getting one that can withstand both heavy rain and 40°C heat. I know you guys know these things inside out and I appreciate any advice on that side of things.

Cheers.

You should try a phaserunner from ebikes.ca they are completely waterproof, programmable, really small with long wires and you can mount the heat sink to your bike frame easily. Its not cheap but you get what you pay for

If that is too much you can try Kelly controllers mini ebike series, theyre about half the price and have lots of features

Back