Has anyone disassembled a Meanwell HLG supply yet?

MrDude_1

100 kW
Like the topic said... Has anyone disassembled a Meanwell HLG supply yet?
I have two MeanWell HLG-240H-30A supplies that I run in series to charge my 16s bike... it only goes up to 65.4v (4.0875 v per cell) and I would like to tweak it up to 66.4v (4.15v).
Before I go and open my new meanwells... has anyone opened an HLG series supply before? I know they're supposedly potted, but theres potted like a thin coating, and theres potted like being a fossil in amber... if its a thin coating, maybe I can tweak the voltage adjustment circuit.. I only need a half volt. Id like to up the amperage too, but I think they get hot enough as they are.. lol.

At the price I paid for mine? I'm treating it like it's the only known fossil of it's type in existence!

(Okay, I know this doesn't help you, but I got 152v @ 4.2A versions, which are pretty pricey)

Sunder said:
At the price I paid for mine? I'm treating it like it's the only known fossil of it's type in existence!

(Okay, I know this doesn't help you, but I got 152v @ 4.2A versions, which are pretty pricey)

Yeah, I paid $45 each for mine... but the lower voltage ones are always cheaper.
I went with the 30v one so that I could get 9amps... since these are my mobile charger, speed (amps) is more important than hitting peak voltage.... but I'm greedy and want everything. I have a huge pack, so at home I charge at 20a without exceeding 1c.... the limit there is the wall outlet.
The real reason I want that last volt is that when I leave work rush hour traffic is faster and 66v will give me the 45mph I need to stay in a lane, over the bridge, while charging to 65 means I'm a bit slower.

I've not disassembled them (considered unscrewing the endcap from one just to peek, but...not yet) but I'm using HLG-600-54A series, for 58v 11a. Not small (trade paperback sized), nor light (7lbs?) but two of them in parallel charge one of my half-packs in about three hours (mostly charged by two, IIRC).

I haven't messed with their adjustment range, but maybe one of those would do what you want, going up to that voltage?

The adjustment range says 45.9 ~ 56.7V, but mine are already set higher than that at 58v, not sure how?

Also, I think the OVP is 59-63v, so may not...
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/260/HLG-600H-spec-369421.pdf

Back