headway packs 48v

hi there everyone
can anybody reccomend best configuration for 20ah48v,16s headway pack,
i have 32 10ah cells,2 80A16sbms
im using cellman 18fet65a controller/bms and hs4065

i started out with 10 ah but i think (and cellman also suggested) its not capable of delivering enough amps for the system,or atleast its pushing the cells to their limits causing cuttoff

i probably also need to balence the cells better before pack building thistime

i toyed with the idea of alternating 2 48v10ahpacks but perhaps 20ah is the best for the cells and to get more power-say 50amps bursts

im new to all this so any advice regarding single cell balencing techniques and pack building much appreciated

thanks

i use a metal strap with holes in it called 'plumbers tape' and mount up 6 cells at a time in parallel and then charge them up together with a 10A single cell charger.

i have some jumper wyes with alligator clips on all three ends of the wye and i put one clip on each cell and the other i attach to the charger when i am balancing a large capacity set of cells. but the plumbers tape works well for the headways because you can just put the screw through the holes and attach the charger to the plumbers tape. i leave out one of the washers too. sometimes both.

First Parelle balance in groups to 3.65v. I use 4 - 2amp. Voltpheaks stops at 3.65v. Let sit over night or longer than check the voltage.

I would put a set of balance wires on for checking with 8s celllogs.

thanks guys
thats givn me some ideas
iv got some copper sheet lying round and a cordless drill....
my friends got a lipo 10a charger, any use?say i do it in bigger groups to soak up the juice?

Back