Hello all, I'm new to forum and ebikes. Excuse my lack of Tech knowledge. Anyhow I got a new conversion on a

sean02ie

1 mW
Hello all, I'm new to forum and ebikes. Excuse my lack of Tech knowledge. Anyhow I got a new conversion on a reasonably light Hybrid bike. Motor Bafang HD 1000watt Battery 48volt Litium ion. controller set to Max speed 50KPH. Front Chain ring 46T Rear 7 speed 14 . 32 . Also with kit spare 44 & 42 chainrings.Slick tyres. My weight 80 K. Weight of bike pls Panniers 26 Kilos.

What I'm trying to achieve is Maximun Range flatish terrain. over 100 Kms an average speed of 18 to 25 KMS. It will be possible on tour to top up charge for one hour during Lunch stop.

Any opinions on optimum set up ( i.e. reducing max speed to 25KPH At present minimun with easy pedelling at Level 1 is 28KPH. which for touring is not necessary. or reducing Chainring to 44 ? ) would be very much appreciated.
Regard pedal assist I'm happy to pedal contineous for hours and turn of motor on downhills.

Look forward to your comments
Sean
Ireland

Hello Friends, Next week I'm sending the Battery overland to Netherlands in advance of my Tour.

With your help I have now achieved 24 kph and with smatt pedal assist high cadence is able to get I hope 90km plus
adepending on favourable wind and Pannier weihjt effect. I have only reprogrammed Level 1 of 3.

I'm thinking as a final tweet to reduce speed even more in order that my Son ( road bike ) not so fit, is able to be alongside.

If instead of 3levels I input 5 levels then copy present level level 1 24kms inputs to level 3 dont change Level 4 or 5.

Input Leve1 at max 18kpm and Level 2 at 20kph. Can this idea be bad for preformance of motor or controller.

Thanks again for your help. I''ll send tulips from Amsterdam or Beer from Bremen.
Sean

sean02ie said:
Hello Friends, Next week I'm sending the Battery overland to Netherlands in advance of my Tour.

With your help I have now achieved 24 kph and with smatt pedal assist high cadence is able to get I hope 90km plus
adepending on favourable wind and Pannier weihjt effect. I have only reprogrammed Level 1 of 3.

I'm thinking as a final tweet to reduce speed even more in order that my Son ( road bike ) not so fit, is able to be alongside.

If instead of 3levels I input 5 levels then copy present level level 1 24kms inputs to level 3 dont change Level 4 or 5.

Input Leve1 at max 18kpm and Level 2 at 20kph. Can this idea be bad for preformance of motor or controller.

Thanks again for your help. I''ll send tulips from Amsterdam or Beer from Bremen.
Sean

I would definitely program in 5 levels in graduating increments. However I wouldn't set a speed limit, you don't want the assist suddenly stopping just because you hit some arbitrary number.

Back