Help i've blown my currie motor

popular choice would be the SS41 family of sensors. the ss41 will work with any voltage up to 24V.

digikey, jameco, mouser and RS Components all carry them.

rick

OK guys no need for a hall sensor i found the reason 'it was a short phase wire that was not making a good connection.
all s well again i have been to work back and fourth twice now but think its time to tweak the controller with the usb lead and pc.
the battery's are just not powerful enough to run it at the speed it is set at maybe you can help me with the parameters ?

I have also tried a no load speed test with a meter on amps and it reaches around 5amp
i'm also looking at upgrading my lead acid battery's for somethink more suitable litium lifepoe maybe you can help with that to :D

Went to work again on the bike today and pushed it a little more the hill was very little to be perfectly honest but could smell something i jumped off and touched the controller that was warm phase wires were cold but the motor was warmer on the out side with a small amount of smoke coming out any way i left it all day 'but when i finished work it was running very slow got it home and stripped it off the bike 'the evidence was clear it absolutely stunk the phase wires of the stator are well and truly coput heres a few picture so looks like its back to the drawing board 'new hub motor first but maybe i can get a motor similar to the one i have that will bolt right on to the gearing ?

Attachments

• IMG_20120705_173646.jpg
    IMG_20120705_173646.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 812
  • IMG_20120705_173751.jpg
    IMG_20120705_173751.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 812
Can you put up a few closeup pictures of how the torque plate and hoseclamps go together on the USPD kit? I have a bazillion parts here that came with this kit and I'm certain a good number of them are superfluous...a pic of yours would help.

Hi chaps i'm really interested to find out how these 3 phase motors work how does 24v dc convert to the 3 phase has anyone got any schematics ?

I don't think anybody has the schematic for that motor. Since the controller is potted in epoxy it's hard to reverse engineer. There are schematics of similar controllers around the forum.
Basically, the DC comes in and gets switched by a bank of FETs. Hall effect sensors on the motor tell the controller when to switch so that the magnetic attraction is always in the same direction.

fechter said:
I don't think anybody has the schematic for that motor. Since the controller is potted in epoxy it's hard to reverse engineer. There are schematics of similar controllers around the forum.
Basically, the DC comes in and gets switched by a bank of FETs. Hall effect sensors on the motor tell the controller when to switch so that the magnetic attraction is always in the same direction.
thanks is is really a 3 phase motor ?

Back