Help needed with development IR compensation for BMS

avandalen

100 W
When charging batteries very fast, the BMS stops the charging process too early. In this article I tell why this happens:
https://www.avdweb.nl/solar-bike/electronics/battery-management-system-bms-with-internal-resistance-ir-compensation.
Here is a way to provide an existing BMS with IR compensation, who has the time to do this?
BMS-IR-compensation.jpg

I don't have time because I'm developing a new mid-drive motor and a few other things.

avandalen said:
I don't have time because I'm developing a new mid-drive motor and a few other things.
Some question I have. Please excuse me and tell me politely if they are foolhardy ( dumdristig) question. Please: Ignore, if the question is irrelevant, for I am only an amateur with questions.

Are we considering the rate of charge having different effect on battery CV termination voltage? Yes.

How is the IR measured? In this proposed system. Must it be a known value?

Does IR change upon discharge, charge, and SOC? Yes? No? If "yes", how do we account for this change?

IR does NOT change during charge?

What happens ( to the IR number) when SOC ( state-of-charge) is high, or low, end of battery state?

Would you need to know this rate of change for your proposed system?

Thankyou.

Your questions are answerd in my article, we don't have to know the IR value
>>Are we considering the rate of charge having different effect on battery CV termination voltage?
We can close with CV for example at 80% SOC, I haven't picked this up yet.

For the BMS the solution is probably to use a model with known protocol
sample -> Xiaoxiang Smart Bluetooth BMS
It run on an ATMega328p MCU and control a TI BQ769x0
You can modify the firmware
or addon ARDUINO/ESP32 (rx tx)
or use BLE com
look at the end of this link (Third Party Software / API / Technical Information)
https://wnsnty.xyz/entry/jbd-xiaoyang-smart-bluetooth-bms-information#wiring

Back