• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Help programming Golden Motor dual motor ebike?

JohnT818

10 mW
Hello ES! I did a quick ES search and couldn't find info, so I was hoping someone here could help me, or direct me to a thread or something, or should I just contact Golden Motor?

I own a Pedego store, but we take in other brand ebikes for service. A customer brought in a Golden Motor brand bike with dual motors (see photo). It was new, but he didn't know much about it and had gotten it from someone else who didn't know much about it.

I assembled the bike, but when I test rode it, the level of regen was way too strong. It has regen on both motors, and light pressure on the brake levers at speed makes you feel like you're going to fly forward off the seat! I assume this is programmable, and we have a cable, but no instructions.

The bike has Golden Motor all over it, but there's no indication of what model it is, nor which model of motors. If anyone can let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

faeffc14b6132479181f575bda3667fd.jpg

Can not speak to the dual motor setup but each of those hub motors usually have a controller built into them. The controller is programmable via custom cable and a proprietary Windows only application that you can download from the Goldenmotor web site. That software includes parameters for regenerative braking. That software is designed to run on Windows XP (X32) but I know that it sometimes works on Windows 7 as well. The newer models also have "parameter setting " application that connects via BlueTooth from a cell phone.

GM Software.png

You might do better by reaching out to "Golden Motor Canada": https://www.goldenmotor.ca/pages/Downloads.html

Thanks, LewTwo! I thought it was something like that. I have access to Windows 10, but not XP or 7. I'll have to figure something out. Also, I think we need to figure out whether we have Magic Pie 3, 4, or 5, right? Different software? I asked Golden Motor China for help identifying which we have.

JohnT818 said:
Thanks, LewTwo! I thought it was something like that. I have access to Windows 10, but not XP or 7. I'll have to figure something out. Also, I think we need to figure out whether we have Magic Pie 3, 4, or 5, right? Different software? I asked Golden Motor China for help identifying which we have.
I think that the software is universal and the contoller ignores parameters that are not applicable. For example on my geared hub I could set the up the regen braking ... of course it did not work but I could configure it :?

Back