Help with controller wires

brhooma

1 mW
I bought a controller off Aliexpress which was supposed to have the connectors you can see in one of the attached pics

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000329604046.html (the 22A one)

It was supposed to have separate connectors for throttle and LCD (seller said they will short the LCD connector so I can use it without display) but it came with different set of connectors.
Seller is not being helpful at all so I will try my luck if some one here can help me with the wires.

In addition to the battery, hall sensors and phase wires, it has
2pin (du pont female) Red + Black: L + GND (low level brake)
2pin (du pont female) Red + Black: L + GND (low level brake)
2pin (du pont female) Red + Black: (D)MS + Battery Negative (???)
3pin (du pont male) Brown + Yellow + Black: 5 + XH + GND (PAS)
2pin (automotive female) Yellow + Black: ABS + GND (????)
6pin (du pont female) Red + Black + White + Green + Brown + Yellow: Z5 + GND + SD + D(M)S + Battery Positive + DM(S) (???)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k8e6mzb3xje19qm/AACqcItieOXhj3egvgU6VQvVa?dl=0

What are the connectors highlighted in red for?, and does it look possible to use this controller without a display ?

...does it look possible to use this controller without a display ?

Probably not. When these sine wave controllers first came out, they listed a proceedure for shortingn across a couple of pins to by-pass the display. I tried it and the controller was speed limited.

I hit the translate button on that site and it came up in English clearly labling the connectors.

Try that.

Blue to blue is the speed limiter, so leave those dis-connected.
If you don't intend to use PAS, just leave dis-connected.

Seller finally answered, from [6pin (du pont female) Red + Black + White + Green + Brown + Yellow: Z5 + GND + SD + D(M)S + Battery Positive + DM(S) (???)] he told me to use red black and white for throttle, connect green and yellow together and leave brown out.
It didn't work. Time to send it back I guess.

You are not listening to what I told you. Alibaba or whoever is answering you either doesn't know or don't care. They are not going to hold your hand and that's not unusual.
The connectors are clearly labled in English (with the page translated) and are the same, more or less, as the bulk of standard genaric controller connectors.
Search the threads here, try search words like controller wiring or click this link(even easier).

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000329604046.html

I'm listening to what you told me but you are not reading what I wrote you!

I'm saying that the connectors on the controller I've got are different from the one in the pic.

The throttle connector is 6-pin which is something I've never seen on those Chinese controllers before so I posted the wires colours and where they are connected to on the PCB so maybe someone here can help me figuring out how to connect the throttle.

I'm listening to what you told me but you are not reading what I wrote you!

Gee, sorry. It didn't occure to me that someone who has worked on other ebike systems would expect that components coming from Alibaba would just connect together.
It is not to hard to figure it out yourself. As more controllers are worked with or studied, it becomes evident the leads out are bundled/or grouped, usually have certain colors, a certain style of connector and a set number of wires. Just ID the easy ones, display, power, phases, Halls, etc. and then do a "process of elimination" for the remainder.
Your throttle probably has extra wires for light control. The actual throttle usually will be gr. and red and something, maybe white. The PAS would usually be blk. and red and something. Anyhow, the thing about the throttle and PAS is you can't hurt anything by trying combos. Sometimes, the two odd-colors wires left in the end will be the most mystic. Often, they do not do anything.
Spinning magnets is right, the kit connectors are usually junk and many of us replace them even if they really connect to something.
There are systems where the parts can be just plugged together with good connectors, Grin (Ebike c.a.) and the MXUS factory come to mind.
For connectors, I just use 6 m/m bullets and JST's. The bullets for the power and phases and various JST's for the rest(depending on the number of wires).

Yes by the time you end up compensating for the seller ignorance & apathy often less trouble to just build your own.

If not so inclined, pay the extra dealing with a better class of seller.

Back