• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Hightekbikes 10H Direct Drive Motor Kit

HighTekBikes

100 mW
First, it's Mea Culpa time. Regarding my previous negative post regarding the 9C, after receiving more feedback and having second thoughts, I admit that was a bad idea posting that. I think when you screw up. the best thing you can do is man up and admit it, apologize, and learn from your mistake. So the people who criticized me, you were right and I was wrong. My post created a negative atmosphere and got people all riled up for no useful reason. Readers feel compelled to respond and a "posting storm" is created which soon spirals out of control. Although I stand by my statements, this forum is totally the wrong place to post inflammatory statements like that. I apologize to the operators of this forum who do such a great job and do not need hassles like this. In the future if I get an urge to be controversial, I will post on my own forum or blog, not here. Further I pledge to confine my posts to technical issues and offering advice, and do the promotion on my own site. I have requested that the entire thread be removed so it won't annoy anyone, but that's usually not done. Like in verbal communication, once you say something, it can't be taken back. One must be careful about what you post on the internet.

As far as the 10C motor kits, I am in the process of shipping out several to members here and I assume they will post their test results. When I get my computerized motor testing results, I will post the printouts here. Until then, no more hype. Several people wanted in on the special I had, the five that I allocated went instantly. I am going to offer another five kits for $250 with free shipping to the continental U.S. Please PM me for the link.

-Terry

In a nutshell, ES has long been just about wide open as far as having your say, be it a vendor or long time member... When things go too far, we tend to lock and let sink the threads instead of permanently removing them ( yes, threads have to go mia for a while sometimes.. ).. I don't always know what is best and getting feedback from the other mods can be reassuring sometimes..

Reason for the lock and sink vs deletion is the almost instant start of new threadS ( plural ) to discuss the missing threads.. people who contributed to the discussion/argument dont want to see their opinion repressed and there you have it..

So, let it stay as an example of how to act and how not to act on the sphere.

If anyone has some negative thing to say about a product, ok, no problem there but it better be well supported with facts.

Terry, what did you expect? a lot of people use 9c motors on here and are very happy with them. It is like a GM spokesperson walking into a Mustang meetup and yelling about how good the Camaro is.

Good on you for making your kits available to the testers. Your product will sell itself on it's merits alone on this forum.

I am looking forward see the review on 10C soon. I hope your word is good about 10C motor hub that will beat 9C motor. I agree about Hype is pretty useless rather see how the motor in action to show proof that potential better than 9C. I will believe when the review information proven.

I understand your mistake, No one is perfect and you are forgiven.

:) *subscribed*

neptronix said:
Terry, what did you expect? a lot of people use 9c motors on here and are very happy with them. It is like a GM spokesperson walking into a Mustang meetup and yelling about how good the Camaro is.

Good on you for making your kits available to the testers. Your product will sell itself on it's merits alone on this forum.

An apology thread isn't the place to criticize.

He is getting motors out for people to test. That's the best we can ask of a vendor (who isn't Justin at least).

All the motors that were allocated for the special test deal are gone. We completely sold out of the direct drive motors but expect a restocking shipment this week hopefully. We have a couple outstanding orders that will ship out today or tomorrow. There will be a one week lead time for new orders, but there is the 10% discount through Dec 31st using discount code HTB123.

Any review on 10H motor hub? I have been watching review section on this forum. No luck so far.

I almost bought one, put it in my cart and everything... 10 continents must be better than 9 right?....... Then I remembered.... 10 contenents? In USA we are tought there are only 7 (visible); Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America..... If the Chinese couldn't get it right I better look closer. Then I looked for reviews..... Couldn't find any on the tube so it came down to price in the end and grabbed an e-bike kit since their 20% off right now.
I guess when you dont have market share, name recognition, and your trying to make a name for your product; you gotta give a couple away at cost to get those priceless "Raving reviews" out.....

Until then its all "could have, would have, should have..."

Back