• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Hit by Car

Wolfy

100 mW
Was at a Pub Wednesday evening.Left to go home walking on foot.
Crossed allway stop intersection when a car went through stop sign and nailed me :( :x
Came to in hospital then next moring with cracked ribs and broken collar bone.Concusion.Very vaery painful now :cry:
Can barely type thread...........city has been changing streets all over downtown Hamilton from twoway streets to one way and vice versa.
I had the right of way however that don't matter none when your outweighed by 2000lbs.Ouch!!!!!
Lucky I wasn't on my bike,would probably been blaimed.Seems bikes almost always are.

Glad you weren't on your bike either. I hope you get better. If you were here in NM and had a few drinks you could be facing DWI (dui) charges too. :cry: :cry:

Thanks Wineboyrider.....was walking on purpose because I had some beers.Oktoberfest you know.Guess I'll be giving that up now too. :roll:

That sucks man. What happened to the driver of the car?

I'm told that they took him away in a cruiser,I don't really know because I was unconsious.
Supposedly they had Detectives at the seen for three hours investigating.But again I wasn't there by then.

On a dark humour side of it,when I woke up in the next morning in the hospital.they insisted I eat some breakfast.
So they gave me cereal and a muffin.So I gobbled down the muffin only to discover it was a banana muffin.After I ate it(I'm allergic to banana and go into anaphalactic shock) :shock:
I start having trouble breathing,break out in hives.My nose starts swelling up.So they gave me an epi shot.I didn't even taste the banana since all I could taste still was blood in my mouth from the accident.Talk about everything all at once. :roll:

Pretty messed up for the driver to ignore the stop sign, but reallllly messed up to not see a person in the road. Bet he should have been walking too!

Close one on the muffin! Dang bananna bread sucks anyway. I'm not as alergic as you, but enough to hate banannas.

Mabye embroider the medic alert on the reflective vest you'll be wearing next trip to the pub?

Hope you heal fast.

Ouch! :shock:

Get well soon!

wineboyrider said:
Glad you weren't on your bike either. I hope you get better. If you were here in NM and had a few drinks you could be facing DWI (dui) charges too. :cry: :cry:

Amazing, they say you shouldn't drive and get a cab, but you can get a DUI for WALKING?!!?!? :roll: :evil:

I'm thinking that guy was needing to be in a cab or walking too!

Hopefully he's not going to be doing that again soon if he was impaired, (drunk) maybe he just wasn't paying attention, either way, no way that should ever happen. :(

hope ya heal up fast :x damn vehicles.

wineboyrider said:

I wonder did the person who proposed that piece of work own a car dealership?

Wolfy said:
So they gave me cereal and a muffin.So I gobbled down the muffin only to discover it was a banana muffin.After I ate it(I'm allergic to banana and go into anaphalactic shock) :shock:
I start having trouble breathing,break out in hives.My nose starts swelling up.So they gave me an epi shot.I didn't even taste the banana since all I could taste still was blood in my mouth from the accident.Talk about everything all at once. :roll:

Glass half full, at least it happened in the hospital. :shock:

My biking attitude is everyone out there is trying to kill me. I might have to apply that to walking too.

Get well soon.

That sucks! Get better fast :(

People say "you got hit by a car and you still ride your electric bike, you're crazy!" and I say "well, I could get hit by a car anyways..." :roll:

Get well Wolfy! Some drivers should take the bus, sad to see someone I know become the reason why! :x Did you find out what kind of car it was? Musta been some hit, to floor ya like that. I am alergic to bee stings, and have a Epipen I'm supposed to take everywhere I go, but I don't. :lol: There should be some kind of a Police report you can get, that will explain the facts clearly, and provide you with driver contact info, for legal purposes. I'm not trying to encourage anything, just looking to help you protect yourself. 8) Rest easy, and I hope there are no complications.
Brian L.

Glad you're alright enough to write about this. I guess US isn't the only place with crazy drivers. Can me ignorant, but this is the first time I heard anything negative about you Canadians. Americans actually love Canadians but just don't want to admit it. You guys are a ton nicer compared to us. When I retire, I'm moving to Canada!

kmxtornado said:
Glad you're alright enough to write about this. I guess US isn't the only place with crazy drivers. Can me ignorant, but this is the first time I heard anything negative about you Canadians. Americans actually love Canadians but just don't want to admit it. You guys are a ton nicer compared to us. When I retire, I'm moving to Canada!

Totally agree, Canadians rock.
Get well soon Wolfy

Wolfy said:
the hospital.they insisted I eat some breakfast.
... it was a banana muffin.After I ate it(I'm allergic to banana and go into anaphalactic shock) :shock:
I start having trouble breathing,
The hospital gave you food without first questioning you about your allergies? As soon as you became conscious, and even before if they had access you your friends, they should have inquired about allergies. It's basic protocol.
And then there is your responsibility. If you have an allergy that severe, you should inquire about the composition of anything you intend to eat.
What's the name of this hospital? And in what city of Ontario, Canada are you?

Sorry to here about your unfortunate accident. Getting hit by a car sucks. Happened to me while I was on my bike going top speed. Little old lady turned in front of me heading into a cemetery. The scary thing is she came from behind me, passed me and then turned in front of me. At first she didn't notice she hit me and kept driving into the cemetery. I landed in a puddle of water and was more worried about my components getting wet than the damage done to my person. I was a little banged up but my bike was fine so I guess in a way I lucked out. What is it with people speeding up to get past you to turn into a driveway? One thing it's dangerous for the cyclist. All it does is waste gas and wear down their brakes and tires. It's like, "Oh no the guy on the bike's gonna cost me a couple of seconds". If I were them I would look at it this way, either I could have a little patience or piss off a 6' 3" 330 lb man. That's like a no brainer. I mean I wouldn't want me pissed off at me. Hopefully your "Impaler by Vehicle" got arrested.

Back