• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Hit by Car

When I was on vacation in England and Ireland they had these metal pipes sticking out of the road and sidewalks and crosswalks all over the place. Apparently they are to protect pedestrians from the cars.

Lessss said:
When I was on vacation in England and Ireland they had these metal pipes sticking out of the road and sidewalks and crosswalks all over the place. Apparently they are to protect pedestrians from the cars.
Here in the USA we could carry a .45 caliber pistol with the same result if our 2nd amendment rights weren't trampled all the time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wineboyrider said:
Lessss said:
Here in the USA we could carry a .45 caliber pistol with the same result if our 2nd amendment rights weren't trampled all the time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you have time to use a gun, then you have time to step or jump out of the way instead of getting run over. Of course either one requires paying attention to your surroundings, which is your best defense on a bike or on foot, and I for one am certainly not going to blindly rely on a legal right of way because drivers make mistakes all the time.

Complex_road_crossings_-_geograph.org.uk_-_780283.jpg

hazard_delinieators.jpg

Tempripost.jpg

4-9.jpg

Thanks Everyone for your concern :mrgreen:
I gotta say the folks in this forum Rock 8)

I originally posted this to remind everyone of the dangers of inattentive car drivers when biking......I've had many close calls previously riding.
Some really good points made by others.....I'd like to respond to at least two points made.

Gun when problems on the street??? :shock:
Heh guys,this is Canada.We don't shoot at things no matter how pissed we get.If I had time to pull a gun,had plenty of time to get out of the way.
Instead of a gun we lay the lumber.In the USA you got a Louisville in Canada we got a Victoriaville. :D
Yours is a baseball bat,ours is a hockey stick.Goalie stick works best :mrgreen:
Either way when the Wolfy is tits up with four legs skyward,tongue hanging out,unconscience,knockin' on heaven's door,he's not into biting anybody.

Gotta agree with you folks that they broke hospital protocol when they fed me a banana muffin.
I had a serious concussion,could not focus on small print labelling,taste of nothing but metal (blood residue) in my mouth,so I was totally dependent on them to make sure what I was eating was safe.They also already had the info on file by that time about my food allergies so there should have been NO excuse.Having my chest tightening with difficulty breathing while having broken ribs was totally excasberating.I tried calling for help but nothing came out.Did not have the breath.Finally got male nurse's attention by banging the IV stand against the bed.Only to get attitude,"what do you want now?" :shock:
THATS when I wanted my Victoriaville,especially when he suggested that it was my fault for being stupid enough to eat the muffin. :x :evil:
To be fair,the ambulance crew and the staff at Hamilton General Hospital where very thorough,professional,and exemplitory in their performance.
I thank you Hamilton General Hospital from the bottom of my heart.
Unfortunately,it takes only one asshole with an attitude to ruin the moment.Indeed, even came as close to killing me again.

I'm recovering now,however,still in a great deal of pain when moving.The washroom is still quite a challenge.
It really helps that I got perscription pain killers that the DEA USA would put me in jail for......oh well,that's probably another thread to start once feeling better. :D

Back