Horses of Iron

Granville Bradshaw was the genius behind quite a few special engine designs, the best known being the ABC flat twins, the oilcooled singles and the engine of the Panther Panthette. The Skootamota has a single cylinder 123cc OHV engine, also a Bradshaw design.
The engine sits above the rear wheel which it drives by chain. The pansaddle and spacious footboard provide ample comfort for therider. The ABC Skootamota can be seen as the rare archetype of the modern motor scooter.
ABC_Scootamota_1.jpg
Pic etc stolen from here:
http://www.motorarchive.com/

Omega chopper -

http://www.chopper13.com/html/omega.html

i.jpg

i1.jpg

Such nice curating... poetic really
Trikes.jpg
That large "third" wheel(-er, middle) reminds me of the EV ppl here with the hots for RC motors... Sooooo much easier to drive a third (tinyish) third wheel?
Y/N?

Attachments

• recordbreakerreplica.jpg
    recordbreakerreplica.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 5,222
I'm sorry. Don't usually swear `cause... for the usual reasons I guess.
Just that my younger bro and I doubled in the back seat of a Messerschmidt for a couple of years in the early 1960's in England.
Also, Omega?! Extra Nice. hehe
So I have soft spots for Messerschmidt and steampunk... well, it was the Super Messerschmidt 200 that stopped my heart...
Tks agains! Just fun confluence

Lock said:
Such nice curating... poetic really

That large "third" wheel(-er, middle) reminds me of the EV ppl here with the hots for RC motors... Sooooo much easier to drive a third (tinyish) third wheel?
Y/N?

Trikes? Yikes! The tadpole reminds me of the wheel-chair trike some local freaks built. Okay, they're my friends so I'll go gentle because the thing was a blast to ride a few blocks on the level if you were careful on the turns. Climbing with passenger wasn't as much fun. Basically it was a wheel-chair rudely attached to the fork. The treadle powered chain-drive, maybe belt drive, on the out rigger is probably lots of fun to ride with what looks like articulated tiller steering.

It's the Pedersen after which I lust. That bike design is still in production today.
Undoubtedly the most comfortable bicycle I've ever ridden, and it wasn't even my size. It makes you wonder why all bicycles aren't made like this.
To improve my storage situation I'd trade my two classic all euro-equipped, hand crafted, race and touring bikes for a slightly used Pedersen in the right size. Decent ones can be had new for under $4000 CND. Mine would probably be closer to six with a Rohloff rear and SON dynamo front hubs.
Both with disc brakes. Nice mix of old and new.

Could be steampunk but where to put the badderies?

Not the White One. The Red One... :)
OK the White One is good too

Lock said:
Could be steampunk but where to put the badderies?

Not the white one. The red one... :)

I propose that EV fashioned after the steampunk theme be called Wattspunk.
It reflects both the originator of steam power and brings it forward in acordance with the modern usage of Watt.

Just my ha'penny from the colonies.

Zoot Katz said:
Trikes? Yikes!
Ya.I am only a believer in 2 wheels now. Two or four better than three but ultimately two safest for all else around me :)

Zoot Katz said:
Strangely, I am OK w/Steam(punk) as a euphemism for EVer <grin>

Lock said:
Zoot Katz said:
Strangely, I am OK w/Steam(punk) as a euphemism for EVer <grin>

I see clouds of coal smoke whenever I hear steampunk.
I believe the steampunk aesthetic only came into existence in the nineties after Gibson and Serling wrote "The Difference Engine".
Electric vehicles predate the novel but don't quite go all the way back to James Watt's era.

Zoot Katz said:
...I believe the steampunk aesthetic only came into existence in the nineties after Gibson and Serling wrote "The Difference Engine".
And I read about popular 90s comic books with flavourings of Verne and Wells etc...

Electric vehicles predate the novel but don't quite go all the way back to James Watt's era.
Close! Charles Grafton Page was a seven year old boy the year Watt died <smile> And steam carried on for many years after Watt too. Page was experimenting w/electric locomotion by 1850...

If Roland Wiench were steampunk his EV cockpit might look like this
Steam.jpg

...instead of this

would you let this woman remodel your EV?
[youtube]N-K0R6xSiVo[/youtube]

Now I wonder which is more efficient... has more potential in steampunk terms for locomotion... the Sterling or the electric solenoid
[youtube]z8GQHAtH_vI[/youtube]

Pretty sure this "steam powered" vehicle is an EV:
[youtube]WrgtTC6DhAI[/youtube]

Back