How to uninstall old controllers and install replacement controllers in Grizzly V3

DanAmes89

10 mW
Hello. I own a grizzly V3 by Ariel Rider. I'm in the process of uninstalling the old controllers and installing the replacement controller sent to me by Ariel Rider. I do not know how to do that. I could not find a YouTube video or anything with the instructions of how to do so. Could you guys help me out with some instructions and advice on uninstalling and installing the replacement controller?

Photographs of your new controller and what its to replace would be a start in enlisting aid.

In essence the procedure would be
1) disconnect and remove battery
2) disconnect the existing controller one connection at a time identifying each connection and labeling as you go to ensure the replacement goes smoothly,
3) with the old controller fully disconnected, remove and replace.
4) reconnect each connection to the new controller.
5) refit battery and test.
6) finalize cable management, tidy up and rewrap and wires as necessary, creating drips in cables where needed to avoid water reaching any connections. cable ties and more cable ties

It sounds like you should have a like for like replacement? depending on available space you may even be able to unplug from the old controller and connect straight to the new controller one connection by one ?

just have a camera at hand and photograph everything before you touch it so you can backtrack if necessary and if you need help you can share the pics.

it may seem like a huge daunting task, but its just a lot of little jobs all in a row..

Hello. I own a grizzly V3 by Ariel Rider. I'm in the process of uninstalling the old controllers and installing the replacement controller sent to me by Ariel Rider. I do not know how to do that. I could not find a YouTube video or anything with the instructions of how to do so. Could you guys help me out with some instructions and advice on uninstalling and installing the replacement controller?
If it's a straight replacement, then: it can be captured in a generic process.
Gain visual and physical access to the existing unit
Place the new unit next to the existing.
Verify that the new unit has the same connectors and wire colors as the existing
Working one connector at a time, disconnect the old unit's connectors and attach to the corresponding connector on the new

Take a picture of the labels that are clearly visible on the controller, tape them in place and snap a picture. Add your own text to the image if you have to so you clearly see what each wire is labelled. Print one out to save a hard copy, and save a copy on your computer in digital format.

Over time the labels fade, and perhaps you want an extra feature of the controller or you want to see what features it had in a years time when all the labels have faded and you want to find that pas wire, good luck.

edit - Wouldnt it be nice to have the wires insulation, lazer printed & etched all along the wires printed "I.D. text line"
Its like having good quality tools with lazer etched size markings.

Actually I thought about this a few yrs back, you know how computer pc psu's can have modular wires to connect to on the psu so you dont have a bundle of unused wires. Do the same with controllers, need less unused wires getting in the way of any aspect of having fun on an ebike.

Last edited:
Back