Hub motor cover (cable side) doesn't squeeze into place

Am I missing a multi quote button in this forum? I need to write each name and then what I want...
Anyway...

OCD: Heat sounds like a good idea but what about the side that has the cable coming out of? it will be mission impossible to get the bearing to the axle on such a tight fit with a red hot bearing (well not red but still) without melting all the wires on the way.

t-tberg: I heard one guy (I think from this forum) with an overpowered hub say that the solder holding the phase wires inside his hub melted and the heat shrink that was on the solder area amazingly didn't melt.
about the inappropriate remark, it's the kind of things that make you read them afterwards and make you go "that sounds more offensive than funny..." so I better be the guy saying that than the guy saying "what's wrong with THAT?", anyway sorry again.

So, about the bearing thingy, will I just go banging on it with a hammer then? damn thing became a project, I though I would just slap the thing closed and go on my way, turns out that everything is a tight/impossible fit...damn Chinese seller, thinks I've got a fully equipped factory at home.

Roy

rg12 said:
Am I missing a multi quote button in this forum? I need to write each name and then what I want...
Below your text entry box there is the attachment area, then below that is the quotes of previous posts you can scroll thru and click quote on. ;)

rg12 said:
So, about the bearing thingy, will I just go banging on it with a hammer then?
Note that if you are doing any kind of pushing on the bearing to get it on the axle, it must be only on the inner race that is against the axle. If you force against the sidecover itself or the outer race you may easily damage the bearing and it may not work smoothly anymore (at best).

thanks alot man, so now I have another mission...to get the damn thing out of the cover...
will contact the manufacturer again.

Roy

Now it is sounding like you simply got bearings that don't fit. If they won't go on the other side, chances are your axles are machined a tad too big.

At this point, I'd be getting out a flat file, and very carefully shaving down the axle, by .000001mm.

As for the vendor, he's done, forget it.

dogman dan said:
Now it is sounding like you simply got bearings that don't fit. If they won't go on the other side, chances are your axles are machined a tad too big.

At this point, I'd be getting out a flat file, and very carefully shaving down the axle, by .000001mm.

As for the vendor, he's done, forget it.

How tight should the bearing be on the axle? should it be possible to open any hub motor and just pull the bearing from the axle by hand or will it require some banging?

Damn Chinese vendors...
Typical conversation with a Chinese vendor on Alibaba:
me: "why doesn't the cover fit over the cable and the axle together without cutting the insulation off?" vendor: "yes yes, no problem" me: "mother @(%&#%^%!!!"

miro13car said:
you had really trust in China brand technology if you thought covers would fit over rotor just like that.

yup, I guess I'm the crazy one...

Before you give up completely, you might try the hot cold trick one more time.

Freeze the motor core, then put the cover where it will get very warm, like in the sun at noon. See if it will go on then. It might take some doing, like using a puller to get it on the axle, or some light taps with a rubber mallet, or wood tool handle.

Slightly shaving the first 1/8 inch of the axle may help you get it started.

dogman dan said:
Before you give up completely, you might try the hot cold trick one more time.

Freeze the motor core, then put the cover where it will get very warm, like in the sun at noon. See if it will go on then. It might take some doing, like using a puller to get it on the axle, or some light taps with a rubber mallet, or wood tool handle.

Slightly shaving the first 1/8 inch of the axle may help you get it started.

Thanks for the tip, I will try to remember it for when I HAVE THE RIGHT SIZE BEARING!
damn seller, I just opened my big mouth at that mother #*T%^@ as it turns out that the bearing are the wrong size, they are 1.5mm smaller(!) so no cold/heat treatment would change the diameter THAT much.
Wrote the bastard a long list of demands (just like terrorists do) and in a meantime sending photos and detailed explanation of all the problems to the people in the dispute department.
btw, that's why the cable wouldn't fit with it's insulation through the bearing hole.

Thanks alot for all the amazing help guys!

Yet another transaction with a Chinese vendor going south...those bastards wasting my time and money.

Roy

Back