Hybrid project

alan c

10 W
Here is the latest project Ive been working on. Its basicly a 6.5 hp motor with a bosch 55 amp alternator. I have a 12v regulator a 24v regulator and it puts out around 102 volts with no regulator. So far in testing Ive been able to use it to run my trike on it. It sags a whole lot more than my battery( 24s2p16 ah) but it works, I get about 2500w according to my c/a and around 50 kph towing the trailer. Ive also used the 24v to plug in my chargers (2 hyperion 1420i s) to charge my main pack alternator gets hot but so far so good. It also welds and on 12 v I can also run my inverter and get 240v ac. I have a few photos but Im not to sure how to put them on :oops:View attachment 1IMG_0181.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    322.7 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 623
Yeah it was more an experiment more than anything. Years ago I built an arc welder from alternators , so I knew what sort of voltage I could get out of them . When I got into electric bikes I always wondered if I could run a bike off 1 . There was no way of knowing unless I built it myself . It may be impractical but it works reasonably well and when you get where you are going you can recharge your battery cheers Alan

Back