I am a new owner of a new Bafang motor with DPC-850 control. I turn on the battery (fully charged )press the on button and get the word HELLO for a se

Steve3156

1 µW
I am a new owner of a new Bafang motor with DPC-850 control. I turn on the battery (fully charged )press the on button and get the word HELLO for a second then nothing. Is there a fuse that needs replaced? What do I check next?

If it's new, then I would recommend contacting the seller / dealer / manufacturer for warranty repairs, since if you start working on it, you'll probably void that.

If you still want to work on it yourself then:

Did the system ever work for you or the previous owner?

If it did, then what happened between the time it worked and the time it didn't?

If it didn't, then the first thing I'd do is check it's manual for troubleshooting info.

If you've already gone thru all that, then:

Does the system turn off after "hello"? Or does it stay on and just not respond to any input?

If it turns off, then the most likely problem is a battery issue where it turns off after a load is placed on it, but with no load it outputs enough of a ghost voltage to power up the controller for long enough to do what you see. That usually happens when the battery has an internal problem such as a bad cell, connection fault, etc., that triggers a limit in the BMS so it turns off the output to protect the cells against damage that can lead to a fire.

Do you have a voltmeter or multimeter, and do you know how to use it already?

Back