I just had a cool idea.

lbz5mc12

10 kW
They should make smart phones that double as tazers. You're getting mugged/robbed/carjacked and when they try to take your phone they get zapped and the phone dials 911 at the same time. Then on the police end a red flag pops up and that tells the dispatcher that the phone's emergency anti assault function was activated, automatically routing the police to the victim's location via the cell signal and GPS.

Only big problem would be if it malfunctioned while I was cell-phone driving... :shock:

In a way that scenario would be bad and good. It would be bad due to the collateral damaged caused by whatever chaos ensues after the driver tazes oneself but good in that it would reinforce the obvious fact that operating a cellphone while driving is not ever a good idea unless of course it's an emergency.

Okay fine it comes with free and "recommended" blue tooth and as an added security feature to prevent accidental discharge, it could have a little panel that opens with a fingerprint scanner so that only the owner can activate the taser function. Or it could have a keyword function that could only be activated by the user's voice print I.D.

you can already get phones with a built in tazer... google it... no idea how much they cost tho

no good for me, in the UK a tazer counts as a firearm.. and if you've got one without a gun license (hard to get without good reason -farmer etc..)

then it's an automatic minimum of 5 years in prison just for possession of one :-o

the idea of holding a tazer capable device near my head, often, would make me paranoid ...

I think you could turn this negative into a selling point for the product by putting a breathalyzer into the phones mouthpiece, so that if you call certain numbers (eg ex-girlfriends, people you are fighting with, Tuesday girls etc..) over a certain alcohol level, the taser shoots you in the head.....

Okay how about this for the people that talk and text while driving. When they try to use their phone while operating a vehicle, it auto dials the police and reports them.

lbz5mc12 said:
Okay how about this for the people that talk and text while driving. When they try to use their phone while operating a vehicle, it auto dials the police and reports them.
How about... the phone just shuts down, and the driver needs to stop, get the code numbers from the wallet, input those numbers (81, in sequence) for the phone to operate again.
I'd refrain from the cellphone driving habit without ever having to go through the code B.S... even once.

cops are now shooting people holding cell phones that record them violating peoples rights and they state in the reports they did it because it might have been a gun.

[youtube]LkM8Afk5AGk[/youtube]
[youtube]k2FIC2WFegY[/youtube]
http://carlosmiller.com/2010/08/03/cops-justify-arrest-saying-woman-could-have-been-holding-a-cell-phone-gun/

all because of this
http://gizmodo.com/5097754/cellphone-gun-delivers-hot-sneaky-death-cant-send-text-messages

The right to video record anything that's happening in public continues to be supported by the courts and when officers confiscate bystanders phone-cameras, they are ordered by the courts to return them and drop charges against the recorders, but...the police around the country continue to take bystanders phones.

I recently read about an app where whenever you start recording video, a copy is instantly sent to an encrypted and remote storage, so when the police take your phone and erase the contents of the memory chip, you still have the video.

spinningmagnets said:
The right to video record anything that's happening in public continues to be supported by the courts and when officers confiscate bystanders phone-cameras, they are ordered by the courts to return them and drop charges against the recorders, but...the police around the country continue to take bystanders phones.

I recently read about an app where whenever you start recording video, a copy is instantly sent to an encrypted and remote storage, so when the police take your phone and erase the contents of the memory chip, you still have the video.

I've been thinking about something like this. It would also help in emergency situation when being attacked etc.

What's this app?

I don't have the link handy, I'll have to google it. The police won't like this, because their behaviour can then be used against them in court. However, I think this is a very valuable capability because if I am being attacked, and possibly even killed by a mugger or home-invasion thug, I can at least get a pic of their face just before they stab me.

I own firearms, but I could be attacked when I am at a no-guns-allowed location. I always have my phone/camera with me.

lbz5mc12 said:
They should make smart phones that double as tazers. You're getting mugged/robbed/carjacked and when they try to take your phone they get zapped and the phone dials 911 at the same time. Then on the police end a red flag pops up and that tells the dispatcher that the phone's emergency anti assault function was activated, automatically routing the police to the victim's location via the cell signal and GPS.

For the sake of simplicity, say you are Trayvon, getting "jacked". You Tase, the camera takes a video, uploads it to that hosting service, the cops get called...

lbz5mc12 said:

And the cops get called again.The first scenario was for self defense, the second, for controlling driving while using a device, with or without Taser.

Wonder what it would be like to combine all of them into one handy wallet size gadget.

What about this. Not only does it notify the authorities that they're using it while operating a vehicle, it also pings their service provider and temporarily suspends their account. So while they're on the side of the road frustrated to hell trying to figure out why their phone won't work, the cops are on their way. I think the only numbers you should be ably to call from a car while you're operating it should be emergency numbers.

Phone Taser: My only concern is that it might discharge as you're driving whilst it's laying in your lap :lol:

I think I'd rather wish for a decoder ring with a super hero whistle; just seems more practical cos naturally your hands are protecting your face during the ass-kicking pistol-whipping. I mean - who ya gonna call when yer fingers are broke?

1611585-superduperman_wood.gif

I'm just sayin... KF

lbz5mc12 said:
What about this. Not only does it notify the authorities that they're using it while operating a vehicle, it also pings their service provider and temporarily suspends their account. So while they're on the side of the road frustrated to hell trying to figure out why their phone won't work, the cops are on their way. I think the only numbers you should be ably to call from a car while you're operating it should be emergency numbers.

Yeah, I get that, "it also pings their service provider and temporarily suspends their account". However they would've known that would happen, because if they were traveling faster than 5mph (88 inches per second) the phone would cut off. That would be part of the deal.

As for the 81 digit code to turn it on, the code would have started out being a simple 3 digit code, and after the first infraction, the code would *grow* to 9 digits, i.e., more than the average person can memorize. After the second infraction, it would grow again to 27 digits (3X3X3) and after the third, 81 glorious digits...

81 things to do to make another phone call! That's when I would give up driving while calling, even on mymuthahumpin bike.

As for the Taser, after the fourth *fail*, then the phone would shoot you in the head. Thanks to Philistine for that morbid thought.

spinningmagnets said:

"Dropbox" will do this for you, photo's and video gets stored onto their website that you can log into and your computer if it has app. installed, it will send and be received on my laptop almost instantly if both are connected to internet

dingoEsride said:
spinningmagnets said:

"Dropbox" will do this for you, photo's and video gets stored onto their website that you can log into and your computer if it has app. installed, it will send and be received on my laptop almost instantly if both are connected to internet

Oh, turns out the cops are on the way if someone calls in and SAYS they recorded it, but what to they show up and do?

[youtube]k5jeebHCdTQ[/youtube]

dingoEsride said:

Doesn't that require you to actually finish the video and upload it?

I'm thinking about realtime submission.

If your phone gets taken away by the cops or broken during filming, the previously filmed parts are already streamed somwhere, giving the other person no chance to thwart the upload

Back