I thought I was a dumbass till I saw this Guy

Awesome! Finally a little "street justice" for A--hole drivers of the world... I hope they bill him for every work hour and yard of concrete his selfishness cost that job site.

On-par with those douches in Japan:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eight-ferraris-lamborghini-in-japan-luxury-car-pileup-a-gathering-of-narcissists/2011/12/06/gIQA0TeBaO_story.html

Japan_Ferraris_Accident_07cf7.jpg

They should of let the cement cure then use the jaws of life on his car. ^_^

MikeFairbanks said:
This is a concrete example of why we should observe the rules when driving.

Knowing our system

He will sue saying their was no sign saying "wet concrete" or he will say there was not a more robust barrier and win. Just like the lady who spilled "hot" coffee in her lap and sued and got $$$$.

deronmoped have you ever seen the hot cofee in the lap picture??? She had MASSIVE blisters and 3rd degree burns.

http://www.chroniclahabradbags.blogspot.com/2011/07/this-is-what-mcdonalds-coffee-does-to.html

McDonalds.jpg

198924d1312025199t-this-is-why-we-will-all-be-riding-hds-with-radiators-soon-burn.jpg

198925d1312025212t-this-is-why-we-will-all-be-riding-hds-with-radiators-soon-stella_liebeck_burned_by_mcdonalds_coffee-524x373.jpg

Not sure that's actually the MD hot coffee lady or not. But I think it can be agreed that she had drank coffee in the past and she had purchased coffee from MD in the past. So in my opinion if I am stupid enough to cut my finger off with a knife should I be allowed to sue the knife manufacture because the knife is to sharp? Yes, I am very sorry for anyone who is injured but allowing someone to sue someone else because your stupid is simply not right. The problem is it's to easy to blame someone else for our own dumb mistakes.

I posted sometime ago I was riding with my wife on a bike path that at one point was a local sidewalk. We approched a man kneeling along the sidewalk that looked like he was pulling weeds in the grass. What he was actually doing is smoothing the cement he had just laid. There was nothing blocking people from walking or riding on the walkway. My wife being in the lead she was the first to come upon the wet cement and drove right through it. She was lucky and the bike didn't stop until it made it through to the other side. Of course the wheels throw wet cement back at me and all over her legs. Hmm, maye I should have claimed damages and sued. On the way back he was still working but had a little yellow tape to block people from going through the cement. Like my title says "I thought I was a dumbass till I saw this guy".

Bob

The coffee lady had a point. The lids were very flimsy then, the coffee was much hotter than it needed to be, and cars didn't come with cup holders. McDonalds was arrogant and indifferent in the whole matter. She only asked for twenty grand to cover the ten grand in medical expenses and some lost income. She was hurt really badly, and all she tried to do was pull the lid off (she was parked and sitting in the passenger seat). She just wanted to add sugar and cream to her coffee, and in pulling the lid off the whole thing spilled on her. She was very reasonable about the whole thing, but the rightwing in this country had a field day over it because of the money awarded (that she didn't ask for). She tried to settle several times, but McDonald's refused to go over 800 bucks.

This is what really happened to the 79-year-old woman, who really didn't do anything all that stupid. It was the Rush Limbaugh types who were cruel to her and mocked her. Complete link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

From Wikipedia: On February 27, 1992, Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman from Albuquerque, New Mexico, ordered a 49-cent cup of coffee from the drive-through window of a local McDonald's restaurant located at 5001 Gibson Boulevard S.E. Liebeck was in the passenger's seat of her grandson's Ford Probe, and her grandson Chris parked the car so that Liebeck could add cream and sugar to her coffee. Liebeck placed the coffee cup between her knees and pulled the far side of the lid toward her to remove it. In the process, she spilled the entire cup of coffee on her lap.[11] Liebeck was wearing cotton sweatpants; they absorbed the coffee and held it against her skin, scalding her thighs, buttocks, and groin.[12] Liebeck was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered third-degree burns on six percent of her skin and lesser burns over sixteen percent.[13] She remained in the hospital for eight days while she underwent skin grafting. During this period, Liebeck lost 20 pounds (9 kg, nearly 20% of her body weight), reducing her down to 83 pounds (38 kg).[14] Two years of medical treatment followed.
[edit]Settlement offers

Liebeck sought to settle with McDonald's for $20,000 to cover her actual and anticipated expenses. Her past medical expenses were $10,500; her anticipated future medical expenses were approximately $2,500; and her loss of income was approximately $5,000 for a total of approximately $18,000.[15] Instead, the company offered only $800. When McDonald's refused to raise its offer, Liebeck retained Texas attorney Reed Morgan. Morgan filed suit in New Mexico District Court accusing McDonald's of "gross negligence" for selling coffee that was "unreasonably dangerous" and "defectively manufactured". McDonald's refused Morgan's offer to settle for $90,000.[6] Morgan offered to settle for $300,000, and a mediator suggested $225,000 just before trial, but McDonald's refused these final pre-trial attempts to settle.

MikeFairbanks said:
The coffee lady had a point. The lids were very flimsy then, the coffee was much hotter than it needed to be, and cars didn't come with cup holders. McDonalds was arrogant and indifferent in the whole matter. She only asked for twenty grand to cover the ten grand in medical expenses and some lost income. She was hurt really badly, and all she tried to do was pull the lid off (she was parked and sitting in the passenger seat). She just wanted to add sugar and cream to her coffee, and in pulling the lid off the whole thing spilled on her. She was very reasonable about the whole thing, but the rightwing in this country had a field day over it because of the money awarded (that she didn't ask for). She tried to settle several times, but McDonald's refused to go over 800 bucks.

What a horrible nasty company. Over 700 cases previous and they did nothing about their dangerous product.

I stopped eating there a while ago after the pink slime incident came to light. At first I thought it was some urban legend, but it turns out that pink slime was real.

Pink Slime; when I first saw this stuff I thought, "looks pretty good. Some strawberry frozen yogurt or something. Probably tasty."

But it's not yogurt or ice cream.

mcdonalds-pink-slime.jpeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshlnRWnf30

Back