IGH's and mid-mount motors

The Madmadscientist said:
Hello All,
Still doing my armchair engineering thing for my bike project.
I've been trying to get a good match between mid motors and IGH's.

Mainly, are there any IGH's out there that can handle the torque?

I really like enviolo stepless auto hub where you set your cadence speed and the tranny automatically keeps you at that speed.

Problem is, for me, I'm having trouble getting specs. Online sellers seem to be selling more different models than the 3-4 that are actually being made.

I thought there was a hub called Sportiv with a 120nm rating.
Isn't that strong enough to handle a mid-mount motor?

Of the crazy expensive IGH hubs I think only the new model from Kindernay, the 7 can handle the torque of a mid-mount motor.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Daniel

The enviolo/Nu Vinci 380 is rated 100nm, the highest torque in the current range.

The Madmadscientist said:
Hello All,
Still doing my armchair engineering thing for my bike project.
I've been trying to get a good match between mid motors and IGH's.

Mainly, are there any IGH's out there that can handle the torque?

I really like enviolo stepless auto hub where you set your cadence speed and the tranny automatically keeps you at that speed.

Problem is, for me, I'm having trouble getting specs. Online sellers seem to be selling more different models than the 3-4 that are actually being made.

I thought there was a hub called Sportiv with a 120nm rating.
Isn't that strong enough to handle a mid-mount motor?

Of the crazy expensive IGH hubs I think only the new model from Kindernay, the 7 can handle the torque of a mid-mount motor.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Daniel

The enviolo/Nu Vinci 380 is rated 100nm, the highest torque in the current range.

I remember Lunacycle used the DD3 for their "Rhino" cargo bike with a 5kw? Cyclone...

Back