• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

I'm looking for Dealers that take Credit Cards - NOT PAYPAL

Looking for a list of dealers that sell parts and kits that take AE, Visa, MasterCard.

NOT PAYPAL

Why would I want that? Because Paypal is impossible to contact on the telephone and has a ridiculous email support system. Paypal also charges way too much in my opinion. These are my opinions... if you think differently that's fine. Not here to start a thread about the pros and cons of Paypal.

With a Credit Card I can float the purchase (Make a larger purchase) for up to 60 days with no interest. Paypal takes the money right now.

So beyond my reasons... doesn't matter if you care that I like Paypal or not... I'm just looking for dealers who can process regular old American Credit cards.

Thanks

If you ask Justin at ebike.ca he has other options then paypal.

Thanks. Problem is they are in Canada and I don't have international calling on my POS phone plan, I would have to completely change the plan to call... and I have no other reason to ever call Canada after that. So just asking seems easier than it actually is. But I appreciate the response.

Ok. There should be dozens of these. You can also link paypal to a credit card.

Recumbent Bicycle Source said:
Thanks. Problem is they are in Canada and I don't have international calling on my POS phone plan, I would have to completely change the plan to call... and I have no other reason to ever call Canada after that. So just asking seems easier than it actually is. But I appreciate the response.
Email is just as good as calling Justin is a very buisy dude! If you want you can use SKYPE and as long as your smart phone has a wirless connection its free. I just loaded it last night lol.

Tommy L said:
Try:

http://ebikessf.com/

Tommy L sends.... \\m//

There is no way to tell on the site. It's a pretty nice site for a one man operation, but it could use some updating and some simple information about shipping, payment, etc. I know I can shoot him an email... and wait. Or I can wait till daytime and call. But I'm usually only available myself to do this at night after reasonable people are done for the day.

I have managed several retail stores and several sites. The FIRST Thing you do is TELL YOU CUSTOMER HOW THEY CAN BUY! It's so simple, but I see it over and over again on Websites. No way to tell how you can purchase. No way to tell how much shipping costs are, etc. I don't always have time to REGISTER just to see if I am going to be able to make a purchase or to see how much it is going to cost me to ship a package. Furthermore... and it may seem kind of harsh to me it's a sign of a poorly run business to overlook such simple things. I realize a lot of guys selling stuff are one man shops and simply don't have the time or skill set to do everything. But testing your own shopping cart and making sure that it is as easy as possible for a customer to get from point A to point B in the shortest number of clicks without abandoning the shopping cart is paramount to success. If you are not in business to make money then I guess it doesn't matter.

Look at Amazon as an example... everything you need to know is right in front of you. Click ad to cart and you have price, shipping options, and estimated delivery time (Which is most of the time accurate). I'm not that big a fan of Amazon but I do buy from them, mostly because they make it so easy. I also appreciate the "hint's" they throw at you about what other people also buy related. Not a fan of massive emails flooding my box every day so I opted out of that.

Please note I am in no way disparaging the EbikesSF Site. I think that what he sells and his pricing and quality are top notch. It's just hard to buy.

Anyways back on point.

Basically just looking for dealers that can process a Credit Card sans Paypal.

Thanks

What's the big deal. Using paypal is just like using your credit card. Uhh, that's what they do if you don't set up your bank account number with them. They just charge it to the CC you give them. I've been using paypal for years and never had a problem. But I only use my CC with them, not my bank account.

We no longer accept Paypal, only credit cards. We got burnt by some joker who ordered a $2000 custom system, then returned it for no reason. Paypal said either issue a 100% refund or we will do a chargeback on you. Evidently this guy knew how to work the system. With shipping, handling and custom work, lost about $300 dollars on the deal. I cancelled Paypal payments in our online store the next day. I would accept it for small items but never for large purchases. With credit cards, both seller and buyer have some protection, plus it's cheaper.

Your focus of a credit card transaction is off center. I like a smooth and easy process and you have good reasons but the more important issues are product quality, customer service, product knowledge. Grin, replaced a cycle analyst fre of charge and it was my fault. Very typical for grin. If a quality experience is a priority than deal with grin. If better marketing and better websites matter look elsewhere.

Gonna keep an eye ion this thread as I prefer to deal with businesses that process credit cards direct. it usually indicates a business that has higher volume and is intending to be around, not a mom and pop shop - or a scam artist that looked for the easiest way to get paid.

On a side note, when you pay by paypal, generally, you waive your credit card protection rights and rely on Paypal's arbitration process which favours... paypal and nobody else.

I'm generally happy to pay 10-15% more for a company that directly processes credit cards, and even then, will only go for a company that collects by paypal only, if I personally know of someone who has used it successfully (like bmsbattery)

Hobby King uses credit cards, I don't think they accept Discover.

If a seller accepts payment by gaypal, but the buyer doesn't have an account, the buyer can pay through paypal using a creditcard without having to sign up for an account...

I used my credit card with Justin last year. I set it up through E-mail and then sent my card # and information via two separate E-mails.

And seriously, can't call Canada? Spend a dollar fifty in quarters on a pay phone :roll:

Umm i accept paypal...lol if that counts Ive also accepted credit cards through paypal...Even international stuff.......Been a long time ebayer... paypal has been on my side in any arbitration. Credit Cards can be gangsta cause if you dont like an item you can call your CC company and be like i dont like it and not pay for it . Maybe he wants that type of protection.

Paypal and ebay have recently linked together to screw the little guy who is selling some stuff trying to get started. They hold your money till the customer is satisfied. All the customer has to do is pretend he never got it and BAM you loose everything. Cheack this out there is more then a few not happy with paypal. http://www.paypalsucks.com/

I agree with Arlos post... They are pimping my mom. She sells plus sized womens clothing and the profit margin is narrow and when they hold your money its a PITA especially if you need the money to ship. They have also screwed my mom over in senarios as arlo has stated... They say they dont like it and force you to refund... so your you paid shipping costs you cant get back because they held your money...

It would appear that E-BikeKit takes payment in credit cards, they list paypal as an alternate payment method.

What are the costs of using a CC process as a seller? - There a a few account types but the cheapest IIRC was ---- regardless if you sell anything it's about $150 to $300 a month then there is a % fee of your yearly transactions of 1-3%. Paypal takes 6% of every deal but has no monthly fees.
If you don't want to use paypal then you do have other options.
1) money order
2) direct deposit into the sellers bank account via transit and account #
3) TT order
4) escrow
5) have a local pick it up in person and send

HighTekBikes said:
We no longer accept Paypal, only credit cards. We got burnt by some joker who ordered a $2000 custom system, then returned it for no reason. Paypal said either issue a 100% refund or we will do a chargeback on you. Evidently this guy knew how to work the system. With shipping, handling and custom work, lost about $300 dollars on the deal. I cancelled Paypal payments in our online store the next day. I would accept it for small items but never for large purchases. With credit cards, both seller and buyer have some protection, plus it's cheaper.

I didn't start this thread to bash Paypal. But as a business owner myself I have had nothing but troubles with Paypal. Their system works fine until there is a problem of any kind. Then you are dealing with some Idiot (Who knows maybe some high school drop out, or maybe someone who is remotely competent - doesn't matter). And you spend weeks back and forth trying to resolve a situation and then you get a final verdict. It's a joke.

Paypal has cost my company thousands of dollars. I'm done with them. If I have a problem with my credit card I'm dealing with actual Professionals.

People who don't actually run a business don't get it. And I do understand the costs associated with Merchant accounts and credit card transaction fees.

Anyways for me and my money I will not be using Paypal. I do not care what peoples opinions are on this matter. If they want to pay with Paypal or sell with Paypal that's up to them. I am not here to tell people how to run their business.

Thus my post wasn't - please render your opinion on Paypal... it was please let me know if you take credit cards and NOT Paypal. It's a really simple question. But in Forums I understand people would rather render and opinion than actually provide a relevant answer.

Thank you for your response because it is RELEVANT TO MY QUESTION.

john7700 said:
I used my credit card with Justin last year. I set it up through E-mail and then sent my card # and information via two separate E-mails.

And seriously, can't call Canada? Spend a dollar fifty in quarters on a pay phone :roll:

If you would like to insult me you can do it personally through my email account.

I don't use Pay Phones. TIME not money is my most valued resource at this point in my life. But nice shot. Kudos for you and your clever ignorance. You're welcome.

The first part of your post would have been sufficient.

Right. So your desire to avoid paypal isn't practical or a result of mistrust, it's a moral issue whereby you refuse to have anything to do with them whatsoever, even indirectly (as per my suggestion). Perhaps you could have put that in your original post to save having to get angry at people?

For my part, I can only apologise for failing to meet your expectations.

john7700 said:

If you would like to insult me you can do it personally through my email account.

I don't use Pay Phones. TIME not money is my most valued resource at this point in my life. But nice shot. Kudos for you and your clever ignorance. You're welcome.

Your an idiot. I'll insult your foolish arse any way i so choose buddy, so take it and like it.

Best of luck to Paypall, credit cards, or any one who is foolish and unfortunate enough to use your "business". You are
a rude fool and it will most certainly come back to bite you in the ass.

john7700 said:

You have to understand ebike.ca is the best place to shop if you were on the forums for a length of time you would see they have great product, outstanding service, and Justin just wants to help people. There is so many ways to get Justin money and for all the time you have posted on this thread you could have emailed Justin and him or one of his employees would have returned your answers and you would already have your product on the way. YOU WILL NOT FIND a better ebike store. And im not just saying this because Justin bought the forum to save it with out asking for a thing in return and hosts it for free and keeps it free of adds. I am sying this because guys who have a heart in a business like him are very rare and it shows when you deal with him! If you buy from any-other store you have a great chance of disappointment. I do understand pay-pal they are not doing things the way they should but quit trying to find excuses to not use the best ebike store in existence!

Back