Is there enough grease in my TSDZ2? Or should I regrease with Mobilith SHC 100?

Hi!

I'm building a bike with a Tongsheng TSDZ2.

Is there enough grease in there? (I attached pictures of the inside with the pre-applied grease)

I already have a tube of Mobilith SHC 100 begging to be used (replaced all grease on my BBSHD and the grease on the secondary reduction gear of a new BBS02 with this).
I have to open the motor up again anyways to add cooling (I laser-cut a few heatsink plates, and made something for around the motor core. Thermal paste arrived today, so I'm ready to assemble.)

Should I replace the grease on all gears with the SHC 100?

IMG_20221206_110400.jpgIMG_20221206_110413.jpgIMG_20230112_173613.jpgIMG_20230112_173657.jpgIMG_20230112_173715.jpgIMG_20230112_173723.jpg

any reason you think its not enough? is this a new motor? i think the grease is enough and will be fine but you already opened the motor completely so at this point u might as well change to your higher quality greas

From my experience with a cyclone motor that I reassembled with little to no grease in it, you don’t need all that much. After 1000km the nylon gears still looked almost new. The amount there is probably about right

Matze_Senpai said:
any reason you think its not enough? is this a new motor? i think the grease is enough and will be fine but you already opened the motor completely so at this point u might as well change to your higher quality greas

Well, it's just not a lot of grease. Especially on the main gear, there's just a thin coating.

It's a new motor yeah. My thought was the same with the motor being opened now; opening it up later also will be harder because there will be thermal paste all over it.

Is the SHC 100 really higher quality then? And it's compatible with everything, correct?

Is there space between the teeth as they mesh for more grease? If not, then more grease will just get pushed out of the way as they mesh and you'll be left with the same thin coating you already have. ;)

Back