is this a good choice

Dave M

1 mW
http://bansheebikes.com/ looking at the prime

this is a email I got from the manufacture about the BB I and wondering if it is a good choice for a bfang mid drive any help would be greatly appreciated, my fear is the BB is to large???
but I am not sure???

The prime uses a standard (common) threaded 73mm BB shell (sometimes referred to as French or Swiss) with a 1.378x25.4tpi thread. It will accept BB’s of conventional sizing 35x1mm."

thanks

From what I have read the Befang BBS02 will go into a 73mm wide BB shell , it is designed for the typical mountain bike.
Keep in mind that that motor will be sticking down quite a bit from the BB . How Hard/Technical of trails are you going to be riding ? Large Rocks ? Logs to go over ? Streams to go through ?

And check with Banchee how big of a chainring can you put up front on the crankset. Most MTB Frames only can use smaller chainrings .

Dave M said:
http://bansheebikes.com/ looking at the prime

this is a email I got from the manufacture about the BB I and wondering if it is a good choice for a bfang mid drive any help would be greatly appreciated, my fear is the BB is to large???
but I am not sure???

The prime uses a standard (common) threaded 73mm BB shell (sometimes referred to as French or Swiss) with a 1.378x25.4tpi thread. It will accept BB’s of conventional sizing 35x1mm."

thanks

BANSHEE is one of the most strong bikes on the market.
You could check the early banshee with monster triple marzocchi forcs with 300mm and josh bender.

Bafang BBS motors will fit BUT get a 68mm one NOT a 73mm one.
The 68mm will fit both 68 and 73mm but the 73mm will ONLY fit a 73mm.
Cant comment on the chainring size but there are always ways around that problem.

It is an excellent choice !
You are not going to have any issue with a big chainring. I installed a Cyclone mid drive on it with a 46T chainring. It is a great bike, very stiff frame, and perfect for a mid-drive system. The downtube is straight with a steep angle meaning that even with a mid drive motor you'll still have a lot of clearance.

Yes the bike is a very good one. It is good in general as a bike, and I think is good also for a BBS, because they have typically straight or almost straight downtubes. 73mm BB shell will fit a BBS with no particular problems.
All the modern threaded BB shell have British ISO 1.37x24tpi with RH and LH threaded cups, the french old standard (35x1mm) has both RH threads and is a different standard that don't fit ISO BB. That said a BBS does not use threads so no problem anyway.

thanks guys I appreciate the help/ I also just got confirmation on the inside diameter which is perfect

Banshee uses a 73mm BSA threaded across the lineup. Roughly a 33.5mm ID.

Back