Kelly Controller - after programming engine is turning backwards with high current at low load

derb

10 mW
Could you please help me?

Following problem:
I have changed two parameters and now the engine is turning backwards and has a high current at low load. In addition, it runs at idle speed much faster than before.

What I did:
On the Kelly Controller I reduced Max Regeneration Current from 75% to 40%. At the Cycle Analyst I increased the max. Battery current from 100A to 150A. (Which does not make any difference anyway, because it is limited by the controller).

At the first speed up with these other parameters the controller has stopped after a short time and the next time accelerate from a standstill, the engine suddenly reversed.
I was then able to drive forward again with activated reverse switch, but since then only with very high currents at very gentle acceleration.

This is the setup of my bike:
Etricks R01 with mid-engine
Kelly KBS72181E, 110A, 24-72V Brushless DC Controller
Cycle Analyst V3 with external shunt (max 100A battery power)
Battery 72V 3060Wh
For 1.5 years (about 5,000km) with this setup

Thank you in advance for your help

I don't know why changing that parameter would change the direction or behavior of the motor other than the regen strength.

Possibly your programming cable wasn't doing something right and it scrambled the settings. You might try checking and re-writing the settings. If that model has the self-learn function, you may want to try running that again.

Otherwise, it could be loss of a hall sensor signal. Check the hall connections.

Back