Kelly controller KBS72121X missmach wire color to number .

amitoha23

10 mW
Hello all ,

yesterday i have wired my new KBS72121x controller , and i found that one of the 2 of wires at the controller plug miss mach the color description and the number . i will explain . in the manual the female connector have an orange wire marked as number 4 and in the controller i have the orange wire is marked as number 1 , never the less , in the same plug the number 4 wire (that should have been the orange ) is the corresponding color to number 1 in tha manual. it seems that some one confused the colors (or was color blinded ) :shock:

should i wire corresponding to pin out or the color or to number ???
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?mode=view&id=131584
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?mode=view&id=131583
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?mode=view&id=131585

Attachments

• bottom view.jpg
    bottom view.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2,020
  • up side view.jpg
    up side view.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 2,020
So I am not the only one who has this problem! have you worked out what "raddle" is yet? I wrote to them and asked about both these questions, never got a proper answer, "Fany", the guy who answered says they have a customer in Australia who helps them with their translations and this is what he said. never got any further. I am impressed by the external quality and attention to detail. However my one did not work ever, I sent it back and will report on further progress.

Pleae just use pin number for wiring.
pin4 is 5.
pin1 is BRK2

What is color for pin4 if we think pin1 is orange?

This is what Kelly say:

"Hi,

Could you please just pay attention on the Number of the wire?
In this case,we can distinguish the function for every wire.

pin4 is Orange.
pin1 is Raddle

As you can see,different culture has a different opinion about the color code.
Could you please just use the pin number for the function definition?

Thanks,
Fany"

yes,that is what I say.
Use the pin number is the best way to avoid the mistake.
This is suggestion from another customer who was 67 years old.
He is from your country also.
I did send an email to inquire this question,but no reply.
Just like what I say what is your suggestion for pin4 if pin1 is orange?

Here is the customer info.
If you want to get an inquisitive,you may help me contact this customer.He is our customer,you are our customer.
You and he gave us different opinions.We are from different cultures.Who should I believe?

R.J.W. Shannon
1315 Linley Valley Rd
PO Box 158
Wooroloo, 6558
Western Australia, Australia

RJWS rjws@iprimus.com.au
6/16/11

to Support
I have bought two KBS controllers from you, but in reading through the User Manual for KBS controllers, I found the language and grammar a little confusing at times, although by a process of elimination I was able to get the sense of it.

Would you like me to re-edit your manual so that it reads more easily for English-speakers? The corrections would be minor.

Kind regards,
R.J.W. Shannon

fany don't post the customers full details on a public forum without his consent!

Get a mod to edit that out.

OK.We updated the manual for color codes for KBS-X controllers.The manuals were uploaded on the website.
Please provide suggestions if they still need to be edited.

Further,we published sinusoidal wave brushless motor controller KLS.They used the similar connectors and pin definitions for the signal wires.Please let me know any problems.

Thanks for everyone.

I Also had this issue fany a few years back, I Isolated and resolved the problem, I also had a couple of these controllers and that did help when figuring this out.

Back