Kelly kls7230s- speed restriction?

You can increase the rpm to 10K or whatever the max is. It's not accurate if you don't fill in the correct number of pole pairs and whatnot.

But you want to find out if it really is the rpm setting then you can check the live values on the app by swiping left.

Hello. I have few question about controller and my bike.

I have Greyborg, Cromotor v3 (about 6kw), 72V 41Ah 3kWh 20S15P battery from Panasonic 18650PF cells. I change my Kelly KEB72451X for Kelly KLS 7230S controler. Now I have sillent crusing with new controller. With KEB i get strange noises when start moving.
Can someone say what is max current what I can get from my battery, and what will be recomended current? What setting in KLS properties will be best fit for my configuration and what settings I can test for max power? Can you @flippy answer that or someone else who is more experienced.

For now I have controler on 60A and get 85km/h on 26" tires.

Second question, in cromotor is 10kOhm NTC temp sensor, but KLS read only KTY84-130/150 or KTY83-122 which is PTC. How to solve that problem and get temperature protection? I drive my bike to work and back, 20km/20min one way, full throttle 80km/s from start to finish. At that speed it draw 22-25A and about 2kW const. Is that too much for that period time? Can that burn controller od damage battery? With that high speed driving I get consumption of 16-17Wh/km on Cycle Analyst.

And last for now, which is last version of android apk for KLS? Because this apk what I have look little weird. Maybe better work on some tablet.

those PF cells can theorectically do 10A max for short pulses, so that would be a solid 10kW of power.
if you put that power in from a standstill you would vaporize the windings.
for lifespan i would keep it below 5A and charge no higher then 4.1V

i would not set the battery current above 50% and the motor current at 80 or so just so you dont kill the motor in the first 20 meters of taking off.
you can test with higher settings but i would be careful and just hook up a separate meter on the sensor leads that does work with that specific sensor so you have the actual temp on the dashboard.

In the beginning, I have factroy settings, battery current 100% and the motor current at 100%. But if I pull throttle too fast, it just cut off throttle. Then I only need to release ant pull throttle again but slowly. For now is 60/60%.
I have 5A charger, so it took probably about 8h to charge. I use battery in 83V-68V range most of time, because for next day I need again full battery.
I ordered this, and will put one sonsor on controller, second in motor and then test settings and watch temperatures. I tried set variable regen but then controller show over temperature error. I must fix some settings for that.
On another thread, I read that I can use both, and switch regen brake and variable regen brake. How to wire that and what settings for that both options?

Thank you for you answers :)

Osa said:
In the beginning, I have factroy settings, battery current 100% and the motor current at 100%. But if I pull throttle too fast, it just cut off throttle. Then I only need to release ant pull throttle again but slowly. For now is 60/60%.
I have 5A charger, so it took probably about 8h to charge. I use battery in 83V-68V range most of time, because for next day I need again full battery.
i think you misuderstand. i mean you need to limit current to 5A per cell if you want your battery to last. so 5Ax15 cells in P= 75A battery current = 5.5kW of power at 72V.

Osa said:
On another thread, I read that I can use both, and switch regen brake and variable regen brake. How to wire that and what settings for that both options?
as far as i know you have either a switch or a variable, not both.

flippy said:
Osa said:
In the beginning, I have factroy settings, battery current 100% and the motor current at 100%. ... For now is 60/60%.
i think you misuderstand. i mean you need to limit current to 5A per cell if you want your battery to last. so 5Ax15 cells in P= 75A battery current = 5.5kW of power at 72V.
Thank you, I understand now. First I thought you were talking about settings value for controller when you say battery current = 50%.

flippy said:
Osa said:
as far as i know you have either a switch or a variable, not both.

Here I read that LINK

2WheelsMovesTheSoul said:
nmilanche said:
Are you using variable braking or classic switch braking? Both

Maybe I again something misuderstand. But my opinion agrees with yours that you can only have one option at time.

Osa said:
Maybe I again something misuderstand. But my opinion agrees with yours that you can only have one option at time.

You CAN use both types of braking. I have the standard 12v brake switches and I use a Bafang thumb throttle on the left handlebar.

Wire it up and see for yourself.
https://kellycontroller.com/wp-content/uploads/kls-s/KellyKLS-SUserManualV1.10.pdf

When you use the 12v switch it also activates regen.

Adjusting this setting -> (7)BRK_SWBrk%:
will control the amount regen force by percentage when switch braking. This is a flat linear amount of regen regardless of how hard you are squeezing the lever. The stock setting is 10, I set mine for 6. I had to set this lower because I don't like the rear wheel braking (from this auto-regen) more than the front brakes if that's the only lever I'm pulling on. You have to adjust this a few times to find a good balance.

Adjusting this setting ->(8)BRK_ADBrk%:
It is used to adjust the max regen percentage of brake variable regen mode. This regen mode doesn't need a 12v brake switch. I set this to the highest percentage allowed to give me the most range on the variable thumb throttle. Just a touch to scrub off a few MPH, all the way down for a tire screeching complete stop.

The QS205 on regen is no joke, it can lock up the rear wheel entirely if you are on loose terrain. This feature handles a solid 95% of all my braking. I rarely use the friction brakes because it is so good.

From the broken, poorly translated language used in the manual, it seems as though some early versions of the KLS series controllers may not have been able to support both options, however, the current series does both perfectly.

Hey Guys, try to wire a thumb throttle for variable regen. But it dont works...

Brown (2) to signal throttle
Black (20) to black throttle
Purple (4) to red throttle

And put the BRK_ADBrk% from 0 to 50

Whats my mistake?

Greets
Marc

You can check the following:

Brake Sensor Type must be in mode: 1
Joystick function must be on: diabled
Three gears switch must be on: disabled
Foot switch must be on: disabled

I don't know for sure, but I thought you can even check the brake output in the monitoring window (second tab in the app screen). Here you can check the output. It should be around +/- 0,8v without pressing, and +/- 4,2v at full brake.

Thanks a lot👌

I instaled no brake sensor want to use only the throttle for regen. Is that a different brake sensor type?

Back