Killed on dirtbike RIP REID DAVID JAMES A

hydro-one

10 kW
Sorry to post this here but I know you guys like to rip it toooo.............,my cousin Reid he was riding his rm250 ICE dirt bike last night . My full bore cousin Reid, he liked his wheelies and his huge freestyle motocross (like some do here). He was addicted to the power of ICE (thats internal combustion) though. last time we talked he was telling me how great it was to feel the power , and acelleration all that ....... He was on top of his game , engineering student, he could put his feet over the bars on jumps ....I loaned him the money to buy the bike couple years ago, he then rebuilt it to racing specs .......he was coming home last night, less than a mile from his front door,,,,,hit the ditch i guess........ 22 years old....

R est in PEace BROther!!!!!!!

All Im saying is______> BE CAREFUL KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

I will post more as i can.........

again

BE CAREFUL ESP> WITH ICE THEY BITE!!!!!!!!!almost got me too....

mike

Oh, I am so sorry. And you know, any "Reid" is a super-rare-named person.

I've only known four "Reids" before in my entire life. It is not a common name, but all "Reids" are special people,
for reasons I do not know.

I mourn for your loss. This is so extremely tragic, particularly because you are, somehow, able to cope, to write,
less than one day after his death. Remarkable you, remarkable him. Save his memory here? Pictures, videos, letters?

Tragic. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. He had good taste in bikes, RM250 is a little powerhouse.

All our sympathies. I'm suprised I survived my youthfull ICE riding. Eventually I gave up all two wheeled vehicles for about 20 years till I matured. The high skill level was part of my problem. I was a lot safer when I was less sure of myself on the bike.

However, to die doing something so fun is a good way to go when your turn comes. It's hard to accept and early death though, when my best friend drowned at 30, it took decades to get over it. Accept the pain and cry, and slowly it will get less.

When I was young, I had an '80 Honda 750. It was an absolute BEAST!! (evil grin). I can't imagine having one of the new >1,000cc bikes, my favorite spot to open it up was a certain freeway on-ramp that was straight and uphill. I had to sell it because of speeding tickets (I deserved 100 of them, managed to acquire 3). In spite of my best efforts, I dumped it twice, lucky to be alive...

I now wear a helmet, even on my bicycle. I would like to own an E-motorcycle some day, but if I do, I will ride it cautiously, some car drivers actually don't "see" anything that isn't a car (especially when sipping a latte and talking on a cell-phone during a left-turn).

My condolences as well. I can't offer up much to say, since I didn't know him personally. I do know what it's like to lose a family member, so the pain is great, but time will heal.

I failed to note in my original response, above, that you need time, time, time now to grieve.
I would have added "no reply, just try to hang in there; he is not hurting at all anymore; only you and his, hurt now. Hurt now."

I did not want to mar that post with an edit marking, however, I feel it is important to mentor, in an I've-been-there-too, (almost) sort of way.

Know, that time will make the loss just barely-bearable. Sixty years from today, you will tear when you remember YOUR Reid.

Estelle, still cannot talk about her WWII-lost brother, Kermit, today; for if she does, she suffers;
it all comes back...like it were yesterday

~~~leaves fall....

YOU will live and grieve and laugh and love again in due time...just not now.

Time does NOT heal all wounds, not until we are dead.

Do know that we all, silent or talking here, feel like we lost our own cousins, or brothers,

and you, a hero for having the strength to even write of the loss, before the body had even cooled.

He's not hurting, just you and his friends and family.

You will all be sort-of-OK in time. It just won't ever, ever be the same.

:oops:

You can and will handle it. The next months will be particularly hard, depressing. Do not fall down, figuratively.
Do not deny your right and genuine need to grieve in public; it is your right and it is your duty.

-----
People, there is never a time, when you, in your auto, or on your bike of any sort—that you don't have an invisible, silent riding partner.

He never talks but he is there. His name is Death.

is it that easy to kill yourself on those? what does "hit the ditch" mean?

morph999 said:
yes it's easy to die on a 250 2stroke...
hit the ditch means he probably didn't see it and end-o'ed
my condolences

wasp said:
morph999 said:
yes it's easy to die on a 250 2stroke...
hit the ditch means he probably didn't see it and end-o'ed
my condolences

I've also hit the ditch on a pedal bike when I was going about 10 mph and I came through without even a scratch. I suppose 30 mph would've been different, but to be killed by it? It seems like it takes a little more than simply tumbling across the ground... unless you're going very fast... did he slam into a tree? Slammed his head into a rock during the tumble? Was the ditch big enough such that he fell directly into the ditch or did he fly over it like I've been assuming?

And it's sad to see that someone with a higher probability of being a "contributor" to society's advancement die, but it also seems that he died in such a way that was one of the inherent risks of his activity especially since he seemed to so fully embrace the power of it, so it seems he accepted that risk and he was accepting of his own possible death with a non-negligible probability, so his death is acceptable. (If he did not recognize the risk and accepted it, then that'd probably be some element of stupidity, in which I accept the Darwinian consequence)

Thanks to all that replied....... I heard more details today, and I saw the place where he crashed.

Its very sad, and could have been prevented. Apparently his BAC was .3. apparently his friends tried to stop him from driving, but he actually kicked his friend in the chest, in defiance .
He was riding in his boxers the fool . helmet --i think his friends managed to get him to wear it.

He was ripping on a residential street a block from his moms house. Seems to me he was going at least 60mph. lost it on the outside of a corner and tracks slowly go into ditch, then hit a small approach......cant see what impact was really ,,,,,im assuming just a really hard landing....the corner banks to the outside the wrong way u know what i mean??

So yeah when u think your the shit---mabye your not the shit..........

BAC= blood alcohol content

So yeah thnks for the space to vent it all ......and the replys.....

PeaCE mike

Opps guess it was cr250r

heres a pic off his facebook....

RIP Reid

Attachments

• cr25.jpg
    cr25.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,933
More images, when you can do so, hydro?

Let us see his young face, perhaps there are videos?

I'm just devastated. And you know, we all mess up;
particularly when we are very young and innocent
and not aware of Mortality, which fact, is natural and necessary
for the bold and the brave Youth to flourish, to live life alive.

"Reid David James", what a beautiful name. I got my name from a book of two thousand names for your baby.
gee, thanks mom, for that honor. It's my middle name, legally. See, my dad could not bear to....

See the poetry hideaway for more, about the young heroes who must be recalled to life again and again???
Such as Reid David James.

:cry:

Booze will do it. I still can't belive I survived it. One memorable party, everybody twas taking off and blasting through the nearby desert on a 250 while shroomed, no helmets. A miracle nobody died that night. Stop your friends who ride drunk even if it takes ten of you.

dogman said:
Booze will do it. I still can't belive I survived it. One memorable party, everybody twas taking off and blasting through the nearby desert on a 250 while shroomed, no helmets. A miracle nobody died that night. Stop your friends who ride drunk even if it takes ten of you.

Dogman, did you also tear your mind on a jagged sky?

Ya, Its very sad indeed when someone who loves riding on 2 wheels dies doing so. Wheels + inebriation = not good.

Back