KMX Tornado -- Recumbent Cruiser

chuyskywalker said:
Around this point, though, I'm now having moments where if I ask for too much power, I'm getting enough voltage sag to trigger a power cut from the controller. Not really sure why the Phaserunner is doing that instead of just rolling back the juice, but it's not a huge deal.

Check its temperature and make sure you're not overheating it. Make sure the XT60 connector and/or cable doesn't weld itself to the controller. You may need to install a heat sink.

Took it for a ride up a MONSTER of a hill and the DD45 couldn't keep up. Eventually the controller cut me off for thermal over-run at 90C.

Put an order in for some statorade and hubsinks.

Whelp, I picked up a Pixel 3 so that I could monitor the phaserunner without lugging a laptop around (lol) and, yeah, the phaserunner itself is hitting 85-90 degrees when the power draw fades, way before the motor starts into it's overheat range.

I took a look at some of the other threads around here about cooling it and so far most it amounts to "put a bigger block on it" with varying results. A friend made a joke about it, and I simply couldn't resist giving this a go...

2022-01-17 21_52_29-Window.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011QG23J2

Back