KT-LCD3 missing regen settings (C13), but still have regen trough PAS, but only under some conditions?

Jan-Erik-86

100 W
I previously tried to set up regen on my LCD3, but after some searching found out that it does not appear to have support regen as the ealier LCD3 versions does not have the C13 setting (ABS braking strength), so i gave up on it.

After putting on studded tires two days ago, i also lowered the speed limit from 72 (unreachable) to 40 km/h, and noticed some odd behavior.
While simply rolling downhill and not pedaling, i have no resistance at all over 40. Neither do i get any resistance if i start to pedal while i'm already above 40. However, if i start pedaling before i reach 40 and come to a downhill, and simply keep pedaling, then it's holding me back with progressively increasing force. Hills where i normally would roll at 65, it's now holding 40, and i see battery voltage increasing, so i know it's doing regen. Problem is if i stop pedaling, egen stops, and it does not start again if i resume pedaling while i'm over 40.

I confirmed this by setting the speed limit to 20 km/h, and i was simply unable to go any faster even with all my force on the pedals.

Does anyone know if there's any way to configure how the regen actually works on the LCD3 models that are missing the C13 settings? I would prefer to simply have regen on a break switch, but that didn't work (it register the brake switch, but does not do any regen).

So if you set the speed limit to 45, does it do the same thing, but holding the bike at 45 downhill instead?

PS. It may not be the same type of regen as accessed through C13. My KT controller exhibits regen type of braking when holding the throttle near the lower voltage range. It’s strong enough to slow the bike to about 8mph on a 10% grade, and 3mph on less steep descents, so fairly powerful. It doesn’t trigger the LCD to display regen (scrolling battery indicator) but does increase the battery voltage as though it’s charging.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97486&p=1491650&hilit=motor+braking#p1487769

Yes, it will limit to the set speed limit. I gave it another try today down the steepest hill on my route (around 10%, but very short hill) and set limit to 25 km/h. While pedaling downhill (just moving them around, not applying any force) it kept breaking, but wasn't able to hold it at 25 though, it reached around 28 or so before i had to break.
The battery icon never show anything different then normal battery state, but i did see a voltage increase of about 1V up to 55V.
Though I don't know if the regen power reached the limit due to speed, motor/controller limits, or max voltage reached (controller/LCD3 was designed for a 13s battery after all, so 54.6V would be full).

Af far as regen trough throttle; I have felt a coupple times that while just sliiightly holding the throttle right after stopping pedaling, that it have applied a serious drag though, but never knew it was doing regen. I'm unable to reproduce it though.

At least now i know the controller supports regen, but my LCD3 appears to have very limited settings for it.

Back