LCD3 1200w Kit strange power loss problem

dahias

1 µW
Hi guys,

long time reader first time poster here:) i have converted my bike to an ebike and have done the first 100km testdriving it and found some issues.

First of my configuration:
1200w chinesium ebike kit with an lcd3, twist throttle and peldec sensor.
Battery is "selfmade" from new cells (lg mg1) in an 13s5p config capable of 50 amps.
Controller is max 35 amps with a 40amp fuse.
Speedlimit is set to 25kmh. All this happens under 25kmh.

Problems:
These problems occurred while riding slowly around 20kmh in assist 1-2, motor was cool controller quite warm. Battery was never under 44Volt.

1. Random Cutouts
Power cuts out randomly while using pedlec or throttle or combination of both.
The LCD3 is still on, it shows voltage and when i throttle up it shows that the throttle is engaged and when i peddle it shows that peddle assist is on but the motor wount power up in any of the 5 assist states. A restart of the LCD3 fixes this issue.

2. Inconsistent Power
This is about gradual power loss. For example i am peddeling in Assist 1 and it provides me with around 200W of assist. At some point in time the provided power drops down to around 50W regardless off speed and wount get up to 200W again. This also happens when i then switch to higher assist modes, they all provide less power then before - only in assist 5 i can get 1200-1500w. A restart of the LCD3 fixes this issue.

Some troubleshooting help would be much appreciated!

Scared of riding the ebike for too much for now since i dont want to break anything.

Thanks guys!

Mat

May be the controller however check all cables for bad contact and for any damage?
Dos this happen when your controller is cold?

The Inconsistent Power happend today right within driving for 5min so i guess the controller was still cold. now its raining will test again with infrared temperature sensor as soon as the sun is out!

If you bought the throttle or PAS separately, check the sequence of wires on each side of the connectors match.

Did you buy it as a complete kit apart from the battery?

Try riding it in PAS mode and throttle mode with the other disconnected, and at the same time with the brakes disconnected.

d8veh said:
If you bought the throttle or PAS separately, check the sequence of wires on each side of the connectors match.

Did you buy it as a complete kit apart from the battery?

Try riding it in PAS mode and throttle mode with the other disconnected, and at the same time with the brakes disconnected.

bought it as a kit all together. will report back after testing.

eflyersteve said:
Break cutoff wires shorting somewhere?

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk
will keep an eye out for it but the break icon on the lcd3 did not light up while these problems occurred.

Did you solve your issue ? I have a similar problem with the same lcd3 . My custom battery is a 72v and controller is 3000w , when i first get on the bike everything is fine i can push it up to about 42mph with no effort . After about 2 min if i pull the throttle it will start to power on then stop, if i do this a few times and slowly pull the throttle it will start going again for a short time then repeat the process

Back